1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Trying the set lock password

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by tammyandlee, Feb 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tammyandlee

tammyandlee AllStar

Apr 22, 2002
    It askes me for the existing password. It's brand new out of the box is there a default?

Thanks,
    Lee

2. boylehome

boylehome Hall Of Fame/Supporter

Jul 16, 2004
    My lock already had a password too. I had to call E* and have them send a reset. It took about 5 minutes from talking to them until the password was reset. I can't figure why it already had one. I didn't keep a very close eye on the installer when the receiver was activated.:confused:

3. Ken Green

Ken Green Hall Of Fame

Oct 6, 2005
    Mine too. That's just flat out stupid. What a wonderful waste of CSR budget.:eek2:
    I'd love to hear the logic behind this one.

4. Mar 1, 2006 #4 of 11
    oljim

oljim Godfather

Aug 6, 2002
    Same here, I turned LOCK off now it does not ask for one

5. Mar 1, 2006 #5 of 11
    liferules

liferules Godfather

Aug 14, 2005
    I can't believe Dish would default to some unknown password for every ViP622! Is there not some password default mentioned in the manual? Like 1-2-3-4 or something? How crazy is that?!:confused:

6. Mar 1, 2006 #6 of 11
    JeffBostock

JeffBostock Cool Member

Feb 23, 2006
    wow that's messed up! I'll have to check mine when I get home tonight. Maybe they already have passwords because we are getting the receivers the beta testers had? Just a thought. Just doesn't make sense that "brand new" receivers would have a password other than the default "1234"

7. Mar 1, 2006 #7 of 11
    oljim

oljim Godfather

Aug 6, 2002
    Go into menue and turn lock off, then it will not ask for a password.

8. Mar 1, 2006 #8 of 11
    tammyandlee

tammyandlee AllStar

Apr 22, 2002
    Ok I got it. Go into menu locks and then select lock system. It prompts you for the lock code. They may want to grey out change password until a lock is set my 5c.

Thanks.

9. Mar 1, 2006 #9 of 11
    Bill R

Bill R Hall Of Fame

Dec 20, 2002
    I agree. It was a bit confusing and it wasn't made any clearer in the manual for the 622.

10. julsutvols

julsutvols New Member

Dec 10, 2006
    My son changed the password for our parental controls to lock certain channels. He denies it so I can't get it unlocked. Is there a way to reset my password? Please reply asap, I am getting tired of cartoon newort and nick jr!!!!!

Thanks

11. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Call Dish Network - They can reset your password via satellite. Of course, you will have to prove that you are not your son trying to break the parent's password. :)

Or try 10,000 choices. Can't take that long ....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.