1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to DVR "Big Love" on HBO

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by muttly63, Feb 2, 2009.

1. muttly63

muttly63 New Member

Feb 2, 2009
    I have been trying to DVR this HBO show ever since it started it's new season. The show plays fine live, but whenever I try to watch a recorded show on my DVR the dialog is garbled. I know HBO is big on copy protection, but I have friends with both Comcast and Direct TV who have no issues with putting this show on their DVRs. Is this something exclusive to Dish?

This is the only channel I've had issues with and I'm just wondering what is going on.

I have a Vip722.

Thank you.

2. djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    I'd have to say "no" because my 612s have no trouble recording Big Love every Sunday night (so far).

3. jclewter79

jclewter79 Hall Of Fame

Jan 8, 2008
    No problems DVRing that show with my 722

4. ZBoomer

ZBoomer Icon

Feb 21, 2008
    Are you having problems recording the show, or just problems with closed captions?

There is a big CC discussion in the VIP722 forum, check it out. Basically most folks have CC problems on HBO right now.

5. bobr

bobr Cool Member/Supporter

Mar 23, 2002
    No problem recording Big Love on my 622

6. smendira

smendira Cool Member

May 1, 2005
    I had a similar problem with my 622 a little while back with HBO (John Adams) and Showtime (The Tudors) shows. However, it was only during the Sunday night 8-11 time block, and only when recording HD. If I recorded any of the replays thoughout the week, everything worked fine. Since then, however, I've had no problems.