1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Trying to figure out how to make the switch

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by kupua, Dec 31, 2012.

1. kupua

kupua New Member

Mar 10, 2009
    I'm currently with AT&T U-verse and want to jump ship.

I'd like to go to DirecTv, but am open to Dish.

I'd like to get Japanese programing from DirecTv, but that doesn't seem like its possible. So my thought is using an AppleTv to AirPlay via an iPad, shows that are on the web. Anyone know of websites that has that available? This is for my mother in law, hence looking for Japanese programing on the web by me is kinda difficult. Primary interest is:
    ** News
    ** Dramas

Is this available or am I completely insane?

2. FlyingDiver

FlyingDiver All Star/Supporter

Dec 3, 2002
    On the road...
  3. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Japanese specific programming is no longer available through DIRECTV. DIRECTV has been steadily paring their International offerings.

4. joed32

joed32 Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2006
    My wife had Japan TV (NHK) from Dish for years and she loved it. We had Directv and used Dish Network for the Japanese programming. It's a little pricey but it made her happy.

5. kupua

kupua New Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Thanks for your mention of NHK (forgot all about them)... Looks like they have an app that covers iOS and Android phones and tablets. That will be a possibility if it Airplays to an AppleTV.