1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to play digital download of movie I bought

Discussion in 'Gaming Fun - The Other Reality' started by iowaberg, Jan 20, 2010.

1. iowaberg

iowaberg Godfather

May 24, 2007
    So, I'm trying to play a .wmv movie video I got when I bought a blue ray disc. But everything I've tried doesn't help- through Media Center, TVersity, etc. and I keep getting the error "Can't play this content because it may not be supported. For more info, go to www.xbox.com/support. Status code: 69-C000D36C4."

What am i doing wrong? I get this same error whether it's the .wmv file or ,m4v (iTunes) file.

2. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Dumb question... but did you follow the instructions to "redeem" the code for the digital copy?

You can't just play the file on the disc without going through the authorization process that unlocks it for your specific computer(s).

3. iowaberg

iowaberg Godfather

May 24, 2007
    Yes. I have the .wmv file on my PC now after using the redeem code I received.

4. Stewart Vernon

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Does it play on your PC?

Is it just a problem trying to stream it to another device?

I'm wondering if there is somehow a restriction that prevents streaming to other devices.

5. iowaberg

iowaberg Godfather

May 24, 2007
    I can play it fine on my PC. I can not stream it.

6. Stewart Vernon

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I haven't tried to stream any of my digital downloads. That might be the problem.

I'm on an iMac, so not sure that would help you any even if I found out whether I could or not... but I'm thinking it's the streaming that is the problem.

Though, I'm not sure exactly why that would be restricted.