1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tuner Problem

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by wolverine9823, Aug 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wolverine9823

wolverine9823 Cool Member

Apr 10, 2007
    I have a problem that started occurring today. I am only using Sat input 1 and have nothing connected to 2. The HR20 keeps trying to switch tuners even though I only have one line connected. For example I left the tv on TNTHD and had a program scheduled to record on another channel and all it says on that channel is searching for satellite on Sat 2 and for some reason the HR20 just recorded TNT which had nothing to do with what it was scheduled to record. When I move the cable to Sat 2 then the channel comes on. Then next time the reverse happens it starts looking for Sat input 1 next time even though nothings connected.

Now this started occurring when I added a 750GB eSATA HD today. So either that caused the problem or it's a coincidence. Something else to note is it appears that this only occurs on the HD channels although I haven't tested throughly enough to be 100% sure on that.

Is there anyway to tell the receiver to only use one tuner and force it to stop trying to change tuners?

I called Directv and they are sending me a replacement, but I'm not positive that will fix the problem if it's related to the addition of the eSATA HD. If anyone has any insight I would love to hear it. Thanks in advance.

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    It does an "auto-detect" on boot up, so go into the setup menu and try a reset recorder

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.