1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tuner Removed

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by jibberyerkibber, Mar 27, 2012.

1. jibberyerkibber

jibberyerkibber Legend

Mar 1, 2012
    I have an HR34 downloaded with the new 0x547 software. For example, the new guide now offers channel 7 and 7-1. I programmed my DVR to record both 7 and 7-1 at noon today to see if there was a difference. At approximately noon I got this message: Tuner Removed. 1. Make sure external tuner is powered on. 2. Disconnect and reconnect all cable ends between external tuner and receiver. I don't understand this message. I don't know what an external tuner is. In fact, I now only have four tuners available for recording. Thanks!

2. Blurayfan

Blurayfan Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Illinois
    It appears the HR34 is looking for the AM21 external OTA tuner.

3. jibberyerkibber

jibberyerkibber Legend

Mar 1, 2012
    DTV said it was looking for an airborne channel, i.e. 7-1. Anyway when I stopped the HR34 from recording (trying, that is) the 7-1 version (not an easy task), the HR34 works again fine. Thanks.

4. moghedien

moghedien Legend

Dec 3, 2007
    Do you have an AM21 attached to your HR34? Are you using an OTA antenna with your Directv service? If not, Directv might be having a retrans dispute with the owners of channel 7. If so, 7-1 might be an "ALERT" saying the channel might go away on a certain date if negotiations do not wrap up in time...