1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tuner swapping on HR20

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by ericpd, May 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ericpd

ericpd Mentor

Apr 25, 2007
    I've just switch from Dish (942)to DirecTV (HR20). With the 942, I was able to toggle viewing from Tuner 1 to Tuner 2. This was good because I could view two different programs without emptying the live buffer in either one by just tapping the swap button on the 942 remote. Which would happen with just simply toggleing channels. I've looked for a similar "swap button" on the HR20 remote AND in the documentation for the capability,... no luck. I know there are many un-documented features and was hoping that this was one of them.

Bouncing back-n-forth between two channels using this feature retains the live buffer on both channels, whereas just changing channels wipes out the buffer each time you do so.

Thanks

2. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    There is no toggle swapping on the HR20...

That is refered to as Dual Buffers, which at this time... the HR20 does not have.

3. ericpd

ericpd Mentor

Apr 25, 2007
    Thanks Earl. Well,... that's one feature I'll miss. At least I asked my question so it would be understood. LOL! Got a few more Q's, but I think I'll do more reading before asking. Again,... thanks!

4. Duffycoug

Duffycoug Legend

Apr 16, 2007
    Just record both programs and you have the same feature by hitting the previous button...you'll have to delete the recordings afterwards, but it works the same way.

5. ericpd

ericpd Mentor

Apr 25, 2007
    Thanks Duffy. Make perfect sense! By recording both programs, I'm basically forcing a dual buffering feature and the 'previous button' will allow me to bounce back-n-forth between the two recordings. Nice!

6. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
  7. ericpd

ericpd Mentor

Apr 25, 2007
    Yeah,... I see. Thanks for the link. Maybe I'll learn a few tricks in there!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.