1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tuners and recording.

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by thefunks67, Apr 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thefunks67

thefunks67 Godfather

Feb 4, 2007
    I have the OTA tuner recording, I have one sat tuner recording and I am watching that tuner. I pause the recording to jump over to another sat channel but I can't. It asks me if I want to stop the recording and go to Live TV.

Why? The other sat tuner isn't doing anything.

-Funk

2. lujan

lujan Hall Of Fame

Feb 10, 2004
    Try a "SWAP" first and then after swaping, tune to the station you want.

3. isuzudave

isuzudave AllStar

Sep 29, 2006
    Are you in single or dual mode? This is how I think it works. If you are in dual mode watching TV1 and recording on TV1 you can not change the channel on TV1 without stopping the recording. Yes there is another SAT tuner not doing anything but it is set aside for TV2. That way the person watching TV1 does not use all of the tuners and prevent someone in another part of the house from watching TV on TV2.

4. Hall

Hall Icon

Mar 4, 2004
    You need to run in Single Mode to do what you want.

5. thefunks67

thefunks67 Godfather

Feb 4, 2007
    I am in single mode.

SWAP swaps me to the OTA tuner/recording.

-Funk

6. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Swap is funky sometimes...

Try pressing the Guide button to go into the EPG... then select a different satellite channel from there. That should let you change to the channel and automatically go to the other tuner in the process as long as you are in single mode.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.