1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV 1 Modulation

Discussion in 'Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)' started by guillenrocks, Aug 2, 2007.

1. guillenrocks

guillenrocks Cool Member

Sep 5, 2006
    I lease a 622 and a 522 and own a 942. I'd like to upgrade to another MPEG4 DVR, but to do so, I'd have to trade up my 522, and keep my 942. Problem is, I use both RF modulators on the 522 to distribute to separate rooms of my house. I can't do that on the 942. Does anybody know if there is a way to modulate the component out of TV1 on a 942 into an RF signal?

2. dishbacker

dishbacker Godfather

Jun 15, 2004
    You could get something as simple as a VCR to do it (via composite cables that is). Do composite out to a VCR, then use the RF out of it (on channel 3 or 4 obviously).

Or, they make more expensive modulators that will let you select what channel you want to modulate it on.

3. guillenrocks

guillenrocks Cool Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Thanks for the advice, but I already thought of that. The problem is, the 942 has only component outs or a DVI/HDMI. I was wondering if anybody knew of a way to modulate component outs.

4. Jason Kragt

Jason Kragt Legend

Dec 19, 2002
    Dishbacker wasn't that far off. Think DVD, not VCR. There are DVD recorders that accept component video input and convert it to a variety of lesser quality outputs. One that comes to mind is the LG Multiformat at Best Buy.

5. dishbacker

dishbacker Godfather

Jun 15, 2004
    Your right, my bad. I use my 942 in single mode and have my composite outputs going to my DVD recorder (my component and HDMI outputs go to 2 different TVs). I keep forgetting that the composite outputs are for TV2....