1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

TV Apps issue/question

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Gordon Shumway, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Gordon Shumway

Gordon Shumway Member

Jul 25, 2013
    Ocala, FL
    I got an HR 44 a few weeks ago, and finally started poking around on things beyond regular TV. All the extra stuff seems to work other than TV Apps (have no idea what is buried in there), and pushing the ">" button. Trying either of those yields a message saying there is no internet connection.

The only internet connection I set up was a wireless connection to the HR44-700. When I push the "-" button, it says I am both SWM and Internet connected. On Demand works, which I assume uses the internet. YouTube, Pandora, & the Active button also work. If I go in the other room and try my HR22, it does the same thing (albeit a lot slower). There is only one internet connection, which is the wireless to the HR44.

Are TV Apps something reserved for future use, or are they something I absolutely must have?

2. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    Currently there are only a few apps available. One was weather and I cannot even remember the others at this time. Last I checked there were 3 or 4 in there.

3. dvrblogger

dvrblogger Icon

Jan 11, 2005
    TV apps today include 5 apps delivered via the broadband connection Weather,ScoreGuide, Social TV, Whats Hot and Fantasy football. The advantahe of an app delivetred via the internet is it can be used on any channel while older apps were delivered via satellite and tied to a specific channel.

4. Gordon Shumway

Gordon Shumway Member

Jul 25, 2013
    Ocala, FL
    I see now I didn't ask the question properly. I am more interested in understanding why TV Apps are the only broadband function that doesn't realize I have an internet connection.

5. dvrblogger

dvrblogger Icon

Jan 11, 2005
    looks more like a bug.