1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tv apps?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by vikefan, Aug 14, 2010.

1. vikefan

vikefan Legend

Jan 20, 2008
    tv app is still anitializing; please try again later.(301)

This message keeps coming up when i try the apps. Been this way for a couple weeks. Anyone else have the same problems?

2. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    Just worked for me!!

3. retromzc

retromzc Legend

Sep 6, 2007
    Although I haven't used them much, I tried them last night and they worked fine here.

4. gfrang

gfrang Hall Of Fame

Aug 29, 2007
    Same here with me,called several times checking and the last time i was told to wait for a software update.I will call again later next week.

5. billsharpe

billsharpe Hall Of Fame

Jan 25, 2007
    Southern...
    Reset your receiver. Worked for me when webcam apps apparently hosed the whole TV apps setup. This was a repeatable problem, solved eventually when I removed the webcam apps.

If no joy, unplug receiver and leave it off for a few minutes.

Does a system test say you're connected to a network?

6. vroten

vroten Cool Member

Mar 8, 2010
    After 2+ months of waiting I decided to dig a little deeper into my problem. I had a belkin router which was about 2 years old. I could never get network services to start on my receiver, and I always got the same error message you described when trying to access tv apps. I configured all the ports on the router did everything I could think of... called directv, etc. Finally I decided to do a firmware upgrade on my router. When the firmware updated and the router restarted I ran the setup on the receiver and IT WORKED. Been going strong for about six weeks now. I don't know if this might be your problem, but could not hurt to try. Good luck

7. vikefan

vikefan Legend

Jan 20, 2008
    I have a new computer on order and the router problem sounds like that may be my problem. Tv apps went down about the same time my computer messed up. My computer geek changed the settings in my router to a more secure setting. That may be the problem