1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

TV Distortion from 922 OKay from 722

Discussion in 'ViP922 DVR Support Forum' started by billcg, Aug 16, 2012.

1. billcg

billcg Mentor

Apr 2, 2006
    My 922 picture has changed recently - the middle of the display is streched and the top is compressed. This makes most people look fat with a small head.
    When i connect my 722 to the same TV the picture is Okay. The only difference between the two receivers is 922 uses HDMI and the 722 uses Composit Video.
    Everything was Okay untill last week.
    Any suggestions -- could it be a failure in the 922??
    Bill...

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    1st: try component output from 922 and 722 and compare pictures.
    Actually could you post pictures (old and new) here ?

3. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Leapin' Lizard Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Before you change cables or connections... try the Format (*) key on the remote and see if your display changes.

4. billcg

billcg Mentor

Apr 2, 2006
    Thank you Stewart. It was Format (*). Problem solved!!!!
    Bill

5. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Leapin' Lizard Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    You're welcome... sometimes you might accidentally press a button and not know it OR I believe I read that there was a known bug where every once in a while the receiver would not be in the mode it indicated on screen and you have to cycle through to get it right again.