1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Everywhere

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by somguy, Oct 28, 2009.

1. somguy

somguy Legend

Oct 2, 2006
    Tamarac,FL
    Just wondering if anybody has heard of any updated information in regards to Directv's TV Everywhere? I haven't heard of anything since August on it and calling them up never gets you anywhere!! Thanks for your input.

2. xrobmn

xrobmn Legend

Oct 22, 2007
    Never heard of it.. Did a yahoo and Dishnetwork has something called that (slingbox)..

www.dishnetwork.com/tveverywhere/default.aspx

3. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    The Slingbox also works with DirecTV.

4. xrobmn

xrobmn Legend

Oct 22, 2007
    Correct.. Just was digging up the term he was looking for.. :)

5. somguy

somguy Legend

Oct 2, 2006
    Tamarac,FL
    http://www.dmwmedia.com/news/2009/0...%26%23039;tv-everywhere%26%23039;-web-service

August 7, 2009 - 10:18am.
    New York - Satellite TV operator DirecTV (NYSE: DTV) is in talks with cable networks to launch a 'TV Everywhere' service that would give DirecTV subscribers free online access to programming from cable TV networks, AdAge.com reported. Comcast (NASD: CMCSA) and other pay-TV service providers are exploring offering their subscribers free online access to content from various networks. "We've been in active discussions with an array of programmers for some time now," DirecTV spokesman Robert Mercer told AdAge," adding that the company "will be prepared to launch a similar product around the same time, if not before, others in the industry."

So as you can you do not need a special box in order to use TV Everywhere. I hope I was able to shed more light on this subject. Thank you very much for your time and input.

6. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    They [DirecTV] are looking into the "appeal" of "IPTV".
    Clearly bandwidth will be an issue, so resolution must be reduced, "but hey" if you watch TV on your Iphone, it ain't HD.

7. xrobmn

xrobmn Legend

Oct 22, 2007
    Thanks!! Glad you found that.. Now that does ring a bell of something I heard (probably read on here).. Hope it pans out!

8. EricRobins

EricRobins Godfather

Feb 9, 2005
  9. Newshawk

Newshawk Hall Of Fame

Sep 3, 2004
    Broken...