1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

TV-OVER-INTERNET SERVICE HITS ATLANTA NEXT MONTH

Discussion in 'News' started by Athlon646464, May 14, 2013.

1. Athlon646464

Athlon646464 Gold Members DBSTalk Gold Club

Feb 23, 2007
    Uxbridge, MA
    TV-OVER-INTERNET SERVICE HITS ATLANTA NEXT MONTH

"Aereo, the startup that offers live television broadcasts over the Internet starting at $8 a month, said it will start service in the Atlanta market on June 17, following an expansion to Boston on Wednesday.

Until this week, the service had been available only in the New York City area. Aereo said Tuesday that it will offer 27 Atlanta-area broadcast channels, plus the Bloomberg TV cable channel. Service will be limited to residents of 55 counties in Georgia, Alabama and North Carolina. Those who had pre-registered will be able to start using Aereo on June 17. Others will be eligible a week later."

Full Story Link & Discussion Here

2. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    It's an interesting concept just not sure I'm willing to fork over $8. a month to watch something I already get for free. I understand now I can get my free TV over the internet and watch it on my Iphone & Ipad and laptop, etc.. but if I am not sitting on my couch with the TV on it means I am somewhere else doing something else and the last thing I want at that moment is to watch TV.

3. Athlon646464

Athlon646464 Gold Members DBSTalk Gold Club

Feb 23, 2007
    Uxbridge, MA
    I can see where cord cutters without a good antenna would like this service. Aereo, Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon, and NFL could keep me happy for less money........

4. Gloria_Chavez

Gloria_Chavez Godfather

Aug 11, 2008
    Cord Cutters who want a DVR will go for this.