1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV/VCR Power: I want to use the On/Off buttons

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by byron, Jul 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. byron

byron Icon

Nov 15, 2004
    When i had my R15 in my bedroom on my LCD tv i could juse the on and off buttons and it would wake up the R15 and turn on the tv when i pressed on, and turn off the tv and put the r15 into sleep when i pressed off.

i moved the R15 to the guest bedroom and the 70hr DTiVo back into my room (i've grown tired of the R15's shortcomings and lack of first-run/repeat logic). The guest room TV is a Panasonic TV/VCR combo device, and responds to VCR POWER ON and POWER OFF IR commands, the DTiVos would let you enter a VCR remote code into the TV power button, so I could trick it into working.. however the R15 won't let me do that.. the only way i can get the R15 remote to work the power is by setting up AV1 as a panny VCR and then set up the TV part of the remote for volume control.

is there any way i can get it to work the power for the TV without sliding the switch to AV1?

2. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    None that I am aware of. I don't have a TV/VCR combo.. just a regular TV, and I have no choice then to slide it over to TV to turn it on or off.

3. Edmund

Edmund Remote Master

Apr 17, 2003
    Southern Ca
    Nope, only some tv codes even punch-through the ON & OFF commands, so don't look for a vcr code to do it.

4. byron

byron Icon

Nov 15, 2004
    oh well. guess i was just lucky with my LCD, it worked with the ON and OFF buttons. thanks guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.