1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV2 has a strange channel

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by njande75, Feb 6, 2012.

1. njande75

njande75 New Member

Feb 6, 2012
    Dish installed a 622 and now my tv2 doesn't work. I called dish and went thru the motions of setting the remote address and the tv2 to channel 73. A program appears, but it's not in our dish lineup (TVHot..very old tv programs).
    I try to change the channel at the receiver, but it doesn't change. It's like the remote doesn't work. The remote worked fine before the change. I did change the batteries in the remote.

Any ideas of what I need to do to correct this?

Thanks.

2. njande75

njande75 New Member

Feb 6, 2012
    OK, this apparently is fixed. I now get the proper channels. Apparently, my remote is old and the numbers don't work well. I did the System Info from the box and saw the remote channel was different than what I had programmed.

Thanks.

3. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Hot TV is/was coming from DeSoto at one time or another. Maybe it has moved to another station and is now going out on analog channel 22 (approximately the same frequency as cable 73) or thereabouts.

I think I read where DISH carries Hot TV in the Mesquite area so I'm not sure it is fair to say that its not in your lineup.