1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

TV2 RF Remote not working well

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by TNVOL1111, Feb 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TNVOL1111

TNVOL1111 AllStar

Apr 13, 2006
    I set up the TV2 recently and at first there was no problem although it did take some searching to find the channel on the TV2 that had the picture. On the 622 it was set to channel 60 as default for TV2 but no picture was on channel 60. Finaly found it on channel 116 for some odd reason.

But then I started to have trouble with the remote at TV2 working consistently. Put new battery's in and no help. Called DISH and they said the channel it was set to on the DISH 622 and then the actual channel on the TV2 would have nothing to do with RF reception to/from the remote at the TV2 location. I mentioned my 622 is in a cabinet but is only about 25 to maybe 30 feet from the 622 location. DISH rep thought it might be that the 622 is in a cabinet and recommended I connect a RG-6 cable to the remote antenna input on back of the 622 and then connect the little antenna on top of my cabinet to get better reception. But again- I am only 25 or so feet from the 622 and does this sound like a logical solution before I go get a 10 ft cable and adapter to hook up the little RF antenna outside the cabinet?

2. Rob Glasser

Rob Glasser Hall Of Fame Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2005
    I have mine in a cabinet and it doesn't have any problems. Maybe try a different UHF address and see if it works better? It wouldn't hurt to try hooking up a cable and try the antenna outside the cabinet . However if all of that fails it may be a problem with the 622 and/or the remote. I remember on my old 501 that I have since gotten rid of, the UHF remote never worked all that well. It was pretty sporadic when it would actually recognize a command, however since I rarely used the UHF remote I never did anything about it.

3. ChuckA

ChuckA Hall Of Fame

Feb 7, 2006
    You can use a coax splitter turned backward and join the RF antenna to the TV2 output on the back of the 622. Then put the antenna in the room with TV2 using another splitter. That puts the antenna right in the same room with the TV.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.