1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tversity - New version available

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by bonscott87, Nov 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bonscott87

bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Jan 21, 2003
    Just FYI that Tversity has a new version available today.

2. geneb11

geneb11 Legend

Mar 24, 2002
    I updated and now all X's next to everthing. Release say's something about remote access disabled by default. How do you fix this?

3. geneb11

geneb11 Legend

Mar 24, 2002
    Version 0.9.11.2 (November 11, 2007)
    Security
    Remote access to the media library is now by default disabled.
    Authentication can be turned on and off for each server directory (both virtual and physical) via config.xml. By default remote access to all directories requires authentication when enabled and is rejected otherwise..
    When enabling remote access to the library via the GUI, a user name and password must be set or else authentication will fail when attempting to access the media library from outside the LAN.

The web based user interface was moved from the root directory to the /admin directory and the root directory is now equivalent to the /lib directory.
    Note that authentication does not work in conjunction with the Sony PSP RSS reader and must be turned off (by editing config.xml) if remote streaming to this device is desirable.
    Media Library
    Customizable menu hierarchy
    Multiple menu hierarchies can be created and co-exist. In the free version of TVersity this is limited to one custom hierarchy in addition to the default hierarchy.
    Each new media source (file, folder, URLs, RSS feeds, etc.) can have a custom menu location.
    Users can switch between the default TVersity menus and their custom menus; This will immediately affect all devices, with the exception of devices that impose a rigid hierarchy (like the Xbox 360) or devices that require Audio/Photo/Video to be at the root of the hierarchy (like the DSM 320).
    Users can customize the indexing of the default and the custom hierarchy, adding or removing indexes as they see fit. This is done by editing config.xml and not via the GUI.
    File and folders can be tagged now just like URLs and RSS feeds. With folders their entire content will be accessible via the tag (including playlists).
    Devices
    Fix premature playback termination with firmware 2.0 of the Sony PS3.
    Any Internet audio can now be played on the DirecTV HR20 and no special configuration changes are needed.
    The ActiveTV profile was removed since ActiveTV does not represent any one type of device, furthermore since ActiveTV software has built in support for transcoding, TVersity never transcodes for ActiveTV devices.
    iPhone playback page is now more consistent in its look and feel with the rest of the UI.
    iPhone UI has an about button.
    Nokia N800 RSS reader is now correctly identified.
    Bug fixes and more
    Sample content distributed with TVersity was reduced to YouTube feeds and G4TV podcasts, this will minimize the refresh time and bandwidth consumption upon installation.
    Fix a rare crash in media library refresh.
    The content directory dc:title property is now populated with a valid value as per the UPnP A/V standard.
    Two consecutive dot characters in tags and menu entries are treated as an escaped dot character.
    Fix the markup in RSS feeds generated by TVersity.
    Move to SQLite 3.5.1.

4. Kentstater

Kentstater Godfather

Jun 18, 2004
    SE Michigan
    I also got the new version and got all x's.

Geneb11, I do not understand your last post.

Did you find a fix?

Can you put it in layman's terms?

5. geneb11

geneb11 Legend

Mar 24, 2002
    That was just a post of the release notes for 9-11-2a. I went back to 9-10-8a and all is well again. I wonder why all the x's. The only thing that I can think of is it has something to do with that password thing,but it say's outside LAN you need a password,so it should still work inside LAN without it. Anybody else having problems?

6. AFH

AFH Legend

Nov 4, 2002
    I updated yesterday and this morning I had all "Xs" next to the song titles. I'll try to revert back and see if that clears up the "Xs".

7. bhelton71

bhelton71 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '09

Mar 7, 2007
    Before you go thru all of that trouble - double check that transcoding is set to always - I think an upgrade resets it.

The password thing is for remote access - using port forwarding you can basically access your tversity server from anywhere on pc or phone, etc. The HR20 doesn't log in per se, so it shouldn't affect anything.

8. geneb11

geneb11 Legend

Mar 24, 2002

Someone over at the TVersity forum suggested that. Let us know if that works. I uninstalled and reinstalled the last version and it works fine now. Just FWI, mine is set for only when needed by default and works fine.

9. geneb11

geneb11 Legend

Mar 24, 2002
    Anybody using this new version without any problems?

10. bhelton71

bhelton71 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '09

Mar 7, 2007
    If you mean problems with the server - none. I do have the previously mentioned certain codecs don't play on the HR20 - just on vobs. But I have to qualify that with the fact I have a very limited number of different codecs I use.

For music - only mp3, wma, flac, and aac (nero aac he)
    For video - Divx and wmv and vob mpeg2(not working - video no audio)
    For photos - jpeg only

11. mjones73

mjones73 Icon

Jun 20, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.