1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

TVersity no longer supports DirecTV boxes

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by MikeW, Aug 15, 2012.

1. MikeW

MikeW Hall Of Fame

May 16, 2002

http://forums.tversity.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=72311

"DirecTV devices are no longer supported. We would like to restore support for those STBs but it is ultimately up to DirecTV not us, so please discuss it with them."

Seems that the combination of DirecTV changes and TVersity changes have made the two incompatible. I do find it odd that 1.8 still works with DirecTV but TVerstiy v 2.2 does not.

2. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 DIRECTV A-Team

Jul 28, 2004
    That doesn't seem all that surprising, as there have been rumors that the TVApps and other functionality is still evolving to newer things.

3. MikeW

MikeW Hall Of Fame

May 16, 2002
    As long as I can continue using 1.8 and stream Sirius through the box, I am good.

4. codespy

codespy Packers or Bust!!

Mar 29, 2006
    Wisconsin
    Great...Just upgraded to 2.2 like three weeks ago and paid the fee for "basic" when it used to be free.

My HR2x's still show up on status devices running XP SP3. Guess I will try it to find out the bad news for myself.

C'mon DirecTV...first the Radar App, now TVersity? As Lombardi says....What in the he!! is going on around here?!

5. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears

Mar 18, 2008
    DIRECTV is making changes based on their business model. Third party applications can't always be supported. It's been reported that the TV Apps is undergoing an evolution so to speak so stay tuned on that.

6. wingrider01

wingrider01 Hall Of Fame

Sep 9, 2005
    Your last point of "1.8 still works with DirecTV but TVerstiy v 2.2 does not" seems more to point at the software rather then Directv, if a older version workds but the updated version does not it really seems to point at the simple fact that the programmers did something, if directv did something then even the 1.8 version would not function.:confused:

7. smitbret

smitbret Legend

Mar 26, 2011
    Tversity v2.xxx hasn't worked with media share for quite some time. Older versions still do. Check this link from the DirecTV technical forums:

http://forums.directv.com/pe/action...PostID=11101562&channelID=1&portalPageId=1002

Incidentally, the poster in that forum is incorrect and Tversity v1.7 will work with Media Share, too.

8. wingrider01

wingrider01 Hall Of Fame

Sep 9, 2005
    still points at something the programmers did through, if it was something that directv did then none of the version would work

9. allenn

allenn Icon

Nov 19, 2005
    Georgia
    Tversity v1.8 works great with Hr24-100s and Media Share Beta. Been using it for the last two years.

10. RealGomer

RealGomer New Member

Dec 4, 2008
    I have TVersity 1.7.4.1, DirecTV HR24/100 & Cinema Connect Media Deck. My videos are on a Seagate GoFlex 3TB NAS. The only movies I can get to play at some AVI files. Do I need a particular file format to get my movies to play or am I SOL?

11. scottmck66

scottmck66 New Member

Jul 10, 2007
    I converted mine to mpeg2 with frame rate of 29.97 and they play without fail. Through trial and error i found this is the highest quality that mediashare will play without issues. i used a program called AVC (any video converter). Keep in mind though that this does degrade the quality of the files. In my case I kept both the original and the mpeg2 and used those specifically for media share.

12. shmengie

shmengie Godfather

Apr 12, 2007
    City of Angels
    I know y'all are talking about video, but I've got an HR22-100 and Tversity 2.4. I use TVersity only to stream audio from my PC. That part of it still works, and always has. Just an FYI.

13. Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    That's exactly what I do as well. I just want access to the music stored on my PC.

14. acostapimps

acostapimps Hall Of Famer

Nov 5, 2011
    Illinois
    Why not try Serviio media server instead of TVersity, it plays on any format you throw at it, When i tried Tversity Pro older version it only play certain videos but pictures and music played well, The only thing I don't like about Serviio is that it degrades your pictures but everything else plays fine.