1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TVG Signs Landmark Long-Term Agreement with DIRECTV®

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Earl Bonovich, May 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    TVG Signs Landmark Long-Term Agreement with DIRECTV®

Read the rest of the announcement at: Businesswire

2. forecheck

forecheck Legend

Jun 13, 2002
    It is already on for me (I have Total Choice Plus), very nice. One less reason to order the sports pack.

3. Inches

Inches Godfather

Jan 5, 2005
    Me too!! I love the ponies. Now if we could wager...

4. cbeckner80

cbeckner80 Godfather

Apr 19, 2006
    and yet another reason for ala carte

5. iplaw

iplaw Cool Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Too bad Churchill Downs and its other tracks are no longer on TVG. They created their own station HRTV. Not nearly as nice as TVG - but when you watch the best ponies at Churchill Downs - you have to go online.

6. Sirshagg

Sirshagg Hall Of Fame

Dec 29, 2006
    Amen!

7. Mixer

Mixer Hall Of Fame

Sep 28, 2006
  8. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    I really do hope some day... a service comes along, that offers 100% Ala Carte... to show that the Ala Carte side of the fence is not the Money Saving Green pasture that it is panned out to be.

9. cbeckner80

cbeckner80 Godfather

Apr 19, 2006
    But are we not subsidizing the channels we don’t want. I in particular don’t want ESPN and it’s companions, and of course many other channels. I have heard, and I could be wrong, that the sports channels are the most expensive, ESPN being one of them.

If I were able to select only those channels my wife and I watch, would this likely not be less expensive.

I expect, we will never have true ala cart though. For instance, If I wanted only the discovery channels and history channels, I would also likely have to take Animal Planet, and the other related channels that a particular company wants to offer, in a so called “ala cart” package.

And if you and the other sports guru’s only wanted ESPN, you would likely have to take ESPN this and ESPN that (I’m only using that as an example because in realty, I’m sure that scenario wouldn’t hurt your feelings)

Likewise, I only listen to about two or three of the XM stations from D*, but probably would be forced into an all or none package here again.

But alas, me thinks we need a separate thread for this discussion. But I would like your thoughts on this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.