1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

TWC Home Phone increases

Discussion in 'Cable TV Discussion' started by johnzim63, Apr 27, 2014.

1. johnzim63

johnzim63 AllStar

Oct 8, 2005
    Looks like TWC has increased the cost of their Home Phone service from $20 to $25. Anyone else seeing this in their latest bill? And Yes, I know I should get with the program and toss my home phone altogether. The wife won't let me. :mellow:

2. damondlt

damondlt New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Newfoundland...
    Yep.

Sent from my Galaxy S5

3. carlsbad_bolt_fan

carlsbad_bolt_fan Icon

May 18, 2004
    Carlsbad, CA
    Not yet, but I"m sure I will. Been thinking about dumping my land line as I'm getting a tremendous amount of telemarketing calls, despite being on the (so called) do not call list.

4. TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol Hall Of Fame

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Well they have to pay for the Dodgers some how.

5. onan38

onan38 Legend

Jul 17, 2008
    I have At&t internet with a Ooma system hooked up for the last 2 years.My Ooma premiere is $9.99 a month plus state taxes is $13.72 a month. It also has a blacklist feature that lets you block calls,voicemail,Nationwide calling and a call forward function to another phone when someone calls and your not home or when the internet is down. You might want to check it out.

6. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    Get ooma. No need to get rid of home phone if you have ooma.

7. johnzim63

johnzim63 AllStar

Oct 8, 2005
    I will certainly consider this Ooma thing. Thanks for the input! :grin:

8. Phil T

Phil T DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Mar 25, 2002
    Littleton,...
    I have the Ooma free plan. Voicemail and caller id on 4 cordless phones for about $4.00 a month in taxes. Love it! Much better then Magic Jack.

9. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    Look into other VOIP providers as well. I'm using Callcentric and people can't tell if I'm POTS or not (or TWC phone).