1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Two And A Half Men OAD 9/26/11

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by RunnerFL, Sep 26, 2011.

Tags:
  1. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    Put a fork in it, this show is done...

Ashton is funny, I'm a huge fan of "Dude, Where's My Car?", but he's just not funny in 2.5 men.

2. sigma1914

sigma1914 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    You lost all credibility with that. :p

3. webby_s

webby_s Hall Of Fame

Jan 11, 2008
    Not all that bad... Personally, my wife and I seem to be enjoying it equal to the last few seasons, with this season having a little more "class" and still making it funny. Ashton is not that bad.

On a different note, just got done watching the CC Roast of Charlie Sheen.... Hilarious!! Very good comedians there.

4. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    Disagree...

We are actually enjoying this season so far...
    And I have only been watching in syndication or "nothing else is on" for the last couple seasons.

5. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    The difference to me -- the original show made me "lol" all the time, the new show hasn't made me "lol" yet. Sad to say, but the "gay" ending was gratuitous and, to me, a tad disgusting. The show has never been pc, but last night was a new low.

Jon Cryer is, well, still 'Alan', but the whriers seem determined to embarrass Cryer even further by reducing his character to a shameless blob of protoplasm.

Ashton Kutcher was funny enough, but, even so, I don't think the show has legs to last the season, but it's on the shoulders of the writers, not on Kutcher.

Nice to see Judy Greer back in a recurring role. She is so great with her comedic timing and flawless delivery.

6. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    Same here

The only thing so far that has come close to making me laugh was when Alan said he dated a poster of Molly Ringwald. I said "hah" out loud but certainly did not lol.

7. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    So far I'm enjoying the show. Actually I think Jon Cryer is funny and it's a plus for him being out of Charlie Sheen's shadow. This is the time for Cryer to shine and I hope he does.

Kutcher for me is just OK. He's kind of a goofball so the show has lost the "smart guy-dumb guy" dynamic since both Cryer and Kutcher's characters are idiots. Time will tell if the two of them can create and new dynamic that can carry the show.

8. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    Maybe I have much lower standards for a sit-com...
    But my wife and I laughed pretty hard at that line.

9. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Oh, and I forgot about Berta's persistent and embarrassing private ruminations about Walden's physique. I am no prude by any stretch of the imagination, but her thoughts about him 'giving women an erection' was, in my opinion, a new low. Maybe someone shoud ask Demi about that. :sure:

10. say-what

say-what DIRECTV A-Team

Dec 14, 2006
    New Orleans
    I liked the 1st episode, but this episode sort of fell flat for me... I'll have to see if things get better in the next few weeks.

11. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    Based on things I've seen you post in the past I'd say our taste in sit-coms is about the same. I laughed my butt off at HIMYM and Mike & Molly but 2.5 men fell very flat.

12. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Well, I'm not really liking it so far. Everything seems a bit "forced" and Ashton Kutchers acting is just terrible. Just seems like he's reading from a cue card all the time. There's been humorous moments, but IMO these are the worst back to back episode the show has ever put out.

13. Herdfan

Herdfan DIRECTV A-Team

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    She is awesome and a reason to watch. Watched her show last year (can't remember the name) and thought she was great. Too bad it wasn't renewed.

You got to admit though, the comment of him dating a Molly Ringwald poster in HS was hilarious. Wasn't expecting that and LOL at that. (For those of you that missed the reference, you're too young. ;))

I do wonder if the show will survive. Not that it will be bad, but that it won't be as good.

14. pfp

pfp Whatever

Apr 28, 2009
    I had to look her up, she reminds me of Parker from Leverage. Anyway I'm rather surprised that she already played a different role on the show.

15. cj9788

cj9788 Hall Of Fame

May 14, 2003

The laugh track ruined that joke, but it was funny as hell. Go Ducky go !

16. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Or too old. When Pretty in Pink came out I was a senior in college and a bit too old for "high school comedies".

17. pfueri

pfueri Godfather

Jan 22, 2007
    I agree the show sucks now Ashton is not funny he is goofy .And who wants to see him nude every show . This has turned into a girls show . Way to go Chuck Lorre ! Just because Charlie called you a name you screwed up a good show that could have been on 3 or 4 more years !

18. TBoneit

TBoneit Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2006
    It was passable, However I laughed a lot more watching 2 Broke Girls...

What does that say?

19. pfp

pfp Whatever

Apr 28, 2009
    It says you like an attractive blonde covered in ... :lol:

20. SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer Icon

Dec 28, 2007
    I "cancelled" 2 Broke Girls last night. Just didn't find it funny at all. Thought the pilot was decent.

2.5... umm.. yeah... I loved 2.5, and also loved Kutcher in That 70s Show, but they really need to get rid of the depressed Kutcher character. Alan is supposed to be the depressed character :D.

Still, it did bang out 20M last night. Thats still more then Charlie ever did. We will have to see where it stabalizes.

Still #2, it is missing something without Charlie.