1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two Computer entries in Mediashare

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by GordonT, Jul 16, 2010.

1. GordonT

GordonT Legend

Apr 17, 2007
    I recently had to replace my computer and therefore had to re-do my Media Share setup. I was able to reinstall Tversity and get it to work, but now when I invoke Mediashare from the 'Music, Photos and more' menu and then select 'My Computers', there are 2 entries. Both have the name of my computer followed by a colon . I seem to recall that it used to say Tversity after the computer name, but I guess my new Computer's name is too long to allow the rest of the text to be displayed.

The problem is that I can't tell at a glance which entry is for Tversity. I have figured out that it is the first one, but that can be hard to remember (at my age, that is becoming common). So I guess the real question is: What is that 2nd entry for, and how do I get rid of it? It doesn't even allow me to view all the picture on my computer like Tversity does.

2. bobnielsen

bobnielsen Éminence grise

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    The other one might be WMP. On my DVR, that shows up with only the computer name.

3. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    It's finding two media servers. One of them is probably WMP and the other is TVersity.

Mike

4. jagrim

jagrim Hall Of Fame

Aug 25, 2006
    That is exactly what it is. I use Play On so my DVR's show 2 media servers. I use one for Playon and the other (WMP) for photos and music.

:cool:

5. GordonT

GordonT Legend

Apr 17, 2007
    Thanks. It makes sense that the 2nd Media server is WMP. Now that I understand that, does WMP offer anything that Tversity does not? If so, what?
    If not, what do I need to do to get my Directv receivers/DVR's to not see it? I don't specifically remember doing anything in WMP to make it be seen by the Directv receivers.

6. jagrim

jagrim Hall Of Fame

Aug 25, 2006
    Not exactly sure of how to do it but I believe you need to turn off sharing on the WMP. You can remove it from the library in WMP but I don't think that will do anything.