1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Two Hoppers/no Joeys is not supported???

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by billcg, Jul 29, 2012.

1. billcg

billcg Mentor

Apr 2, 2006
    I have two HD TV's and two receivers (922 & 722). I asked for two Hoppers and no joeys because I need more than 3 tuners (I have 4 + 3 OTA now).

I am bring this up now because the Hoppers can "talk" to each other with the recent software release.

I guess that the monthly cost is about the same as 1 hopper and 1 joey. I am getting s flat NO. Is that the FINAL answer???

2. tommiet

tommiet Godfather

Dec 28, 2005
    Not a problem for me. Have 2 and no Joey. Same price, why have a Joey? Ok.. Kinda of a lie. I got a second Hopper as DISH replaced 3 Joeys and I asked to have my system changed back so that I could use 2, 722's. They offered me a second Hopper @ no cost and no extra monthly fee. So NO is not the final answer as it can be done.

3. patmurphey

patmurphey Godfather

Dec 21, 2006
    Try a dealer, or contact a DIRT team member.

4. Gone2Maui

Gone2Maui AllStar

Nov 23, 2005
    I was trying to get two Hoppers through my phone company reseller as a new DISH customer. The first Hopper and three Joeys were free but when I asked fro two Hoppers and two Joeys I was told that it would cost me $199 for the second Hopper. I was looking for something cheaper than that.

Any ideas?

5. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    see a post above your

6. david_jr

david_jr Godfather

Dec 10, 2006
    I think that is standard new customer pricing. New customers get hopper and 3 joeys free, second hopper is $199. Existing customers pay $99 for first hopper & 3 joeys and $99 for second hopper. That was the deal a while back anyway. It is very expensive equipment and they are subsidising it quite a bit. Still a great deal.