1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two HR24 DVRs, can I record 4 hows at once?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by iansilv, Jun 27, 2010.

1. iansilv

iansilv Cool Member

Feb 18, 2006
    If I get two HR24 DVRs, can I record 4 shows at once?

Can I schedule recordings from either of them and will the system just "figure out" which DVR to use to record the programs? As in, if I am recording a show on a DVR and that specific DVR already has two shows scheduled to record on that day, will the system just record the other show on the other DVR?

If the above is possible, will my recorded playlist just hold everything all together from both DVRs, in one nice list, and play them to the current DVR without making me look in two separate places?

Thank you.

2. bigbrother52

bigbrother52 AllStar

Jan 19, 2008
    You can record on all 4 tuners at once but have to select manually 2 from each DVR, the "overflow" will not automatically go to the next DVR just because there is an available tuner.

Both playlists will show everything you have to choose from.

3. balboadave

balboadave Legend

Mar 3, 2010
    To add to ^^^^, each DVR has independent recording, scheduling, and To Do Lists, and those can't be viewed or controlled from the other DVR. Perhaps one day this shortcoming will be addressed, but to manage recordings in the meantime, I'm using a matrix to keep track. But their playlists can be shared, so for all intents and purposes, it is one seamless playlist.

If the recorders are in different rooms, you can add recordings to the room you're not in by going online to DirecTV and using their TV schedule. Or perhaps you can use a DirecTV phone app to set recordings.