1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two IR remotes in the same room

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Rich, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I have two HR24-500s that are in the same room and want them both in IR mode. Anyone remember how to do that? I PM'd Edmund, but I don't know if he's online yet. I know it can be done, just don't remember how.

Rich

2. carl6

carl6 Moderator Staff Member DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Cover the IR sensor on one of the units (or unplug power). Then using your remote go to MENU -> SETTINGS -> REMOTE CONTROL -> RECEIVER MODE and change it to AV1/AV2 and follow the on screen instrucitons for programming the remote. Before you do the remote programming, set the slider switch to the AV1 position.

When you are done, the DTV position will control the first DVR and the AV! position will control the second one.

3. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Appreciate that Carl, but it's not what I meant. There's a way to do it and use two remotes, that's what I'm looking for.

Rich

4. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Go thru the advanced Menu setup for the remotes.
    The default for the receivers is 00001.
    The second receiver can be set to 00002, 3, 4.
    Then you can set the remote for that receiver to the new number that you chose.

The wording onscreen used to say for 3 or more receivers but it should have said for 2 or more receivers.

5. Edmund

Edmund Remote Master

Apr 17, 2003
    Southern Ca
    Cover one of the receivers as you change the other. To use my directions you need to do the following to bring up the old menu options:

1. dtv
    2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release
    3. enter 9 6 3
    4. press CH DOWN

Now program the av1 or av2 devices with code 00003, now slide back to Dtv device and enter the menu of the receiver:

1. MENU> SETTINGS> REMOTE> RECEIVER MODE
    2. you will see either Directv or Av1/AV2, click whichever to reveal both
    3. chose Av1/Av2, the remote will stop working, slide to directv device, and exit the menu

6. Edmund

Edmund Remote Master

Apr 17, 2003
    Southern Ca
    You can take as many remotes as wish, program Directv device with code 00001, av1 or av2 with 00003.

7. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Yup, I just went blank. Curious that two 24-500s are having the same problem when in RF, both stacked, in the same room. Nothing has changed in that room for almost 2 years.

Thanx,

Rich