1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Two missed installs by Directv

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by Baylor, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Baylor

Baylor New Member

Jan 24, 2008
    I scheduled my movers deal 2 weeks prior to my move and the install was scheduled for 9/24. The installer was a no show. After many calls and promised call backs (which didn't happen) I was rescheduled for October 2 (10 days out...I wasn't happy). Directv sent several "escalations" but those were more stall tactics. Today was the day. I received several automated calls and a text this time verifying the appointment and a call between noon and 4pm. Looked promising and nothing. The technician never called or showed up. I called the back office several times and they promised call backs but that fell through. My call to retention only resulted in more escalations which to date have been false promises. Does anyone have advice on my next steps?

2. studechip

studechip Godfather

Apr 16, 2012
    I assume where you typed 10/24 you meant 9/24, yes? Anyway, I would email the office of the president. ellen.filipiak@directv.com. They are very good at fixing problems like yours.

3. Baylor

Baylor New Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Yes 9/24 and thanks

4. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    +1

5. Baylor

Baylor New Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Holy smokes! To say this worked is an understatement. I've talked to a lot of people today and I now have a completed install. Thanks for the advice.

6. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Glad that it worked out. Ellen's office is very good at resolving issues. I would hope that they gave you some concessions as an apology for the problems they caused you.

- Merg

7. studechip

studechip Godfather

Apr 16, 2012
    Glad to help!