1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two tuners fed from one cable

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by cdavis, Aug 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdavis

cdavis Guest

Aug 11, 2006
    Feel free to remove this thread if desired, but I think I saw somewhere that with the new hardware you won't need two lines into the box to work the dual tuners. If someone could go into further detail, please do.

2. Clint Lamor

Clint Lamor Hall Of Fame

Nov 15, 2005
    It's called FTM and it's coming. No one knows when yet but it will make life much better for those of us who have a hard time getting a second cable run to the DVR.

3. cdavis

cdavis Guest

Aug 11, 2006
    What does FTM stand for? Also, what boxes will this work with? Or if you wish, just point me to the answers.

4. Clint Lamor

Clint Lamor Hall Of Fame

Nov 15, 2005
    It means Frequency Translation Module right now I know the HR20 and I think someone here said the H20 can both do it. I'm not sure about others though.

5. badmonkey

badmonkey AllStar

Nov 18, 2005
    Just curious... Why would the H20 need two tuners? PIP? Some other reasons?

6. Clint Lamor

Clint Lamor Hall Of Fame

Nov 15, 2005
    You know now that you mention it I don't honestly know. I thought I saw someone mention that it had the ability but it's very possible i'm mistaken. :)

7. cdavis

cdavis Guest

Aug 11, 2006
    So there is no path for the R-15 to have this capability. If that is the case, they are really giving a lot of people a reason to get rid of that box.

8. Clint Lamor

Clint Lamor Hall Of Fame

Nov 15, 2005
    Not sure I will look at mine OR maybe Earl or someone else here that knows right now will speak up :)

9. Clint Lamor

Clint Lamor Hall Of Fame

Nov 15, 2005
    Ok just did some research and this is what I figured out.

I don't think the R15 has it internal, but there could be an external solution to allow it to work. Hopefully more will information will be forth coming in the near future on this solution.

10. ITrot

ITrot Godfather

Aug 14, 2006
    So then the HR 20 will have this capability? That would be awesome... I was wondering how I was going to feed that other line over to the reciever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.