1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Twonky, iTunes and all "X's"

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by edmartin, Feb 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edmartin

edmartin Legend

Nov 15, 2006
    I installed the registered version of Twonky 4.1 and 2 PC's in my house are showing up. All the photos are showing up. But I have X's next to pretty much all of my music - just MP3's are available. I have a ton of iTunes music but it's all showing up with X's. Any ideas?

2. Drewg5

Drewg5 Icon

Dec 15, 2006
    St. Louis
    Itunes music can not be played on the HR20 at this time (if ever). Apple has DRM on the Itunes files that the HR20 can not decode

3. edmartin

edmartin Legend

Nov 15, 2006
    Hmmmm. Any suggestions on converters (iTunes to MP#, I guess)?

4. dj76116

dj76116 Legend

Jan 19, 2007
    found this. Haven't tried it though. Looks more trouble than it's worth.

http://www.melodrift.com/node/103

5. packfan909

packfan909 Icon

Oct 6, 2006
    You will experience this in every server available. My suggestion would be to burn CD's of your Music Store purchases and then import them back in as MP3's.

Not easy, but that is the one way I have gotten around this. That and start buying CD's again.

6. Spanky_Partain

Spanky_Partain Active Member

Dec 7, 2006
    Did you install the LAME plugin for LPCM transcoding from Twonky?

They get unzipped into thee c:\program files\twonky\cgi-bin directory, or something close to this.

7. edmartin

edmartin Legend

Nov 15, 2006
    I ended up getting Easy CD-DA Extractor (found it on CNET but the direct URL is http://www.poikosoft.com/) and converted all of my iTunes .m4a's to .mp3's. All in all, it probably took the same amount of time per file to convert vs. re-rip but with the converter, I didn't have to keep inserting CD's; I just set up my entire library and let it run over-night.

8. edmartin

edmartin Legend

Nov 15, 2006
    Yes, I installed the LAME plugin - that made MP3's good-to-go. But as above, I ended up having to convert all of my iTunes .m4a's to .mp3's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.