1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Ubiquiti Network

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by Drucifer, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Watching Helix and saw a commercial Ubiquiti Network.

Being stuck with DSL I looked at their site, but couldn't make heads or tails out of it.

What is Ubiquiti?

2. RAD

RAD DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    Looks like a networking hardware company. I've seen some folks say they've tried their UniFI access point and were very happy with it.

3. Alebob911

Alebob911 Hall Of Fame

Mar 22, 2007
    CERES,CA
    I've seen this hardware being used by a local RF ISP at a friends ranchette . They used it to send the signal from a barn where the RF antenna was placed to the house about 75-100 yards away. The tech said its the "best stuff he's used". He said he has never been called back for failed equipment while using ubiquiti hardware. My friend hasn't had any signal issues since the install.

4. dennisj00

dennisj00 Hall Of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Lake Norman, NC
    It's commercial grade (tower to tower) wireless networking hardware. I've used the NanoStation G or NanoStation5 (N) at a friends farm to beam service up to a fire tower and then to several IP cameras and a caretaker house. Great, outdoor rated stuff.