1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Ultimate Package Free Trial April 30-May 5 Where is it?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by acostapimps, Apr 30, 2013.

1. acostapimps

acostapimps Hall Of Famer

Nov 5, 2011
    Illinois
    I read on Directv website that they will be a free trial for ultimate package starting today through May 5, but it's not switched on yet as I see not subscribed message, did they forget?

2. JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2008
    And NHL Network is showing sports black out. choice extra classic sub.

3. May 1, 2013 #3 of 12
    betterdan

betterdan Icon

May 22, 2007
    TMC channels not working either.

4. May 1, 2013 #4 of 12
    hdtvman

hdtvman New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    I called DIRECTV yesterday about not receiving the Freeview and the CSR told me that the preview was only available to customers with the EXTRA package. If you have the XTRA classic or something else you won't get the the ULTIMATE Package preview. Stupid to send emails about preview to customers that won't get preview because they have the wrong package.

5. May 1, 2013 #5 of 12
    betterdan

betterdan Icon

May 22, 2007
    Aha that is why I can't see it. I have the Xtra Classic.

6. May 1, 2013 #6 of 12
    bjdotson

bjdotson Legend

Feb 20, 2007
    That's brilliant. Let's not give people on older packages any reason at all to upgrade their package. Isn't that what these previews are for?

7. May 1, 2013 #7 of 12
    JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2008
    I have Xtra Classic and get it

8. May 2, 2013 #8 of 12
    betterdan

betterdan Icon

May 22, 2007
    I checked last night and I am getting 2 of the TCM channels. I also have Xtra Classic.

9. May 2, 2013 #9 of 12
    kkl

kkl Mentor

Feb 11, 2007
    I called yesterday morning because I wasn't getting it after receiving the email notification. The CSR had no clue that there even was a free trial. When I read the find print that said "[SIZE=7.5pt]ULTIMATE Package Free Trial: Free Trial is available to customers with XTRA programming[/SIZE]", she said it was because I had XTRA Classic, not XTRA. I also emailed and got the same response. However, like others have posted today, most of the channels are now coming in (except TMCXHD).

10. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    What extra channels would this be?

11. goinsleeper

goinsleeper Godfather

May 22, 2012
    I'll check for changes but in the past, you get the channel difference between the Freeview package and the package just below it. So someone on Entertainment would only receive the channels between Xtra and Ultimate. I believe that is what the fine print was leading at, though I've seen some oddly worded messages lately...

12. ThomasM

ThomasM RF Engineer

Jul 20, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    After reading this thread I checked my receivers and I am getting ULTIMATE on all of them! I get the Encore channels, The Movie Channel(s), and even the "Tranquility" Sonic Tap channel which is not in Choice Extra Classic.

But I never got an email, notification, or even a peep about it in my last bill which I get in the mail!! Some preview!