1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Unable to record scanned OTA channels

Discussion in 'DIRECTV DVR with TiVo Discussion' started by midas69, Jan 5, 2012.

1. midas69

midas69 AllStar

Jan 30, 2008
    One of the advantages of the THR22 is that I get all the OTA channels in my area, not just the ones D* decides I should get. As I expected, there is no guide data for those channels.

But I was surprised to find out that I can't record anything from those channels. I tried to set a manual recording (time and channel) and the recording request did allow me to do it. But when it came time to actually record it didn't work. Recording history showed that the someone in my house deleted the channel. Obviously not the case.

I don't know where else to post bugs like this. Hopefully someone will read this and get this fixed for a future update.

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
  3. healthycityboy

healthycityboy New Member

Sep 21, 2007
    Ditto. I am having the same problem. Any ideas?

4. litzdog911

litzdog911 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    See previous post. Report the issue and hope it gets fixed.

5. GeorgeY

GeorgeY New Member

Jul 30, 2008
    I'm curious to know which Chicago area OTA channels you are referring to that do not have DirecTV guide data available. I'm still using my TiVo HR10-250 exclusively to record the many OTA channels and sub-channels available here in Chicago. I haven't searched for many programs that don't appear in the guide on the HR10-250. Little reason for me to acquire the new THR22-100 TiVo until the HR10-250 finally expires.

6. midas69

midas69 AllStar

Jan 30, 2008
    Specifically 26-5 THIS. Lots of good old movies on there.

7. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    The problem has been confirmed, hopefully we can get it addressed.

8. midas69

midas69 AllStar

Jan 30, 2008
    Thank you!!!

9. healthycityboy

healthycityboy New Member

Sep 21, 2007
    Is there any update on the status of this issue? I reported this to both TiVo and DirecTV, but have yet to receive a response.