1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to upgrade and remove programing

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Artorture, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Artorture

Artorture AllStar

Feb 22, 2008
    I am unable to add or remove programing on my account at http://www.Dishnetwork.com Is anybody having this issue?

2. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    I've had it in the past (due to package conflicts). Open a chat in the customer support area (where you normally would add and remove stuff) or use the phone.

3. nostalgiaguru

nostalgiaguru AllStar

Aug 12, 2008
  4. epokopac

epokopac Godfather

Aug 8, 2007
    Lawrencevill...
    The ability to modify your programming MUST be package dependent since some CAN do it and others (like myself) can NOT. All I ever get (no matter where I start my login) is:

"We cannot process your request to change your programming package. Please call 1-888-884-2741 to make these programming changes to your account."

In fact, I wasn't looking to "change" anything, I just wanted to VIEW my programming. I still get the same message. :(

Does anybody test the web site for proper operation after the web developers have worked on it and before it's available to the public?

5. nostalgiaguru

nostalgiaguru AllStar

Aug 12, 2008
    I assume you mean that that's the result you get when you click the "View My Programming" button, correct? Otherwise, you should be able to view the various programming whether you log in or not.

I haven't tried this, but there are a lot of items available through the Menu button on the remote. Have you tried that?

6. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    The information above the View My Programming button is your programming information.

7. CABill

CABill Hall Of Fame

Mar 20, 2005
    One brother Daryl is in Dev and makes the changes. The other brother Daryl is in QA and tests them. Unfortunately, they are both in the group of people for whom the site works and you can view/change programming. I'm in the camp where the My Programming button on the left displays the "Change Programming" screen with the "No Can Do" message. To just View your Programming, don't click on the Programming button, but rather on My Account Home and scroll down enough to see the View My Programming button. Right above the button is Your Programming already displayed. If you actually click the View Programming button, you again are taken to the CHANGE programming and get "No Can Do".

8. klegg

klegg Legend

Oct 31, 2006
    You're not alone. I've reported the issue to E* because I get the same error.

9. finniganps

finniganps Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2004
    Seems to me that it is much easier to simply call Dish and change your programming once you hit an error message on the website.

10. nostalgiaguru

nostalgiaguru AllStar

Aug 12, 2008
    yes, but not including your other options

11. bsmith_tsu

bsmith_tsu New Member

Oct 27, 2008
    I started having the problem today. When I informed the CSR they stated that they were currently having website technical issues. I guess it will be fixed "soon."

12. jpeckinp

jpeckinp Legend

Nov 5, 2006
    That is a canned answer they always say that along with they are having computer problems when you call them.

I can't remember the last time I called a provider that they didn't say "Please be patient we are having computer problems today" Somebody really needs to get new computers or something, but my guess is it's all a training thing.

13. nostalgiaguru

nostalgiaguru AllStar

Aug 12, 2008
    I can actually get back in now - made some changes.