DBSTalk Forum banner

Under The Dome

29K views 475 replies 54 participants last post by  dpeters11 
#1 ·
Under The Dome starts on Monday, 6/24/13 on CBS.

Can't wait. The book was great.

#9 ·
toobs said:
Hopefully, it will end at 13 because for those who already read the book (1 book), we already know the ending. I really hope that they don't drag it on after the first 13.
The rumor is that King completely rewrote the ending so it is nothing like the book, and allows for a continuing story line if the ratings are good.

#11 ·
toobs said:
Hopefully, it will end at 13 because for those who already read the book (1 book), we already know the ending. I really hope that they don't drag it on after the first 13.
Yes, but we all know that the book is a mere suggestion of how the story line will go. Often the book only supplies the main character and location. After that, it is all different... If I have read the book I have NEVER been happy with the movie or TV program it generated.

#12 ·
EdJ said:
Yes, but we all know that the book is a mere suggestion of how the story line will go. Often the book only supplies the main character and location. After that, it is all different.
+1. After really enjoying the SyFy series Haven I had to find the the book it was based on, The Colorado Kid. Only some characters and the location carried over, even the main element of the story line in Haven, the Troubles, was only hinted at in the book.

#13 ·
Yes, but we all know that the book is a mere suggestion of how the story line will go. Often the book only supplies the main character and location. After that, it is all different... If I have read the book I have NEVER been happy with the movie or TV program it generated.

As Stephen King adaptations go, Misery and Shawshank were excellent. I think Dead Zone was as well, but it's been a while since I've seen that one.

#20 ·
Well, knowing CBS (and the other networks), if the ratings aren't spectacular it will quickly move to Saturday night and get pre-empted all the time by reruns of their other shows. Or maybe it will suddenly disappear only to reappear in a few months (can you say "666"?).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.