1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Underbelly

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by dave29, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Feb 5, 2010 #1 of 18
    dave29

dave29 New Member

Feb 18, 2007
    OK, who watched it, and what do you think?

My main complaint is that it is very hard to understand the accents.

What do you guys think about the show?

2. Feb 5, 2010 #2 of 18
    davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    Very well done. I hope D* continues the series; it is in it's third season in Australia so there well be many upcoming episodes available.

3. Feb 5, 2010 #3 of 18
    DanPainter

DanPainter Mentor

Sep 16, 2006
    I also liked the show but agree the accents are hard to understand.

4. Bluto17

Bluto17 Legend

Jan 31, 2007
    I've watched. I like the show quite a bit.

I agree about the accents. And, no CC doesn't help.

5. jsmuga

jsmuga Godfather

Jan 3, 2008
    New Hope, PA
    +1 on the accents

Really like the show.....

6. Morgz

Morgz New Member

Jul 19, 2010
    I've watched it and loved every episode. I don't have too much trouble with the accents, but I do admit to rewinding every now and then.

One thing I am a bit bothered by, is when DirecTV first advertised showing this series on the 101, they promised us ALL SEASONS. Well, I was so excited for season 2 after they showed the last episode of season 1, and then they just went back to the beginning of season 1 again! What gives?

Anyone know when they will start season 2 "Underbelly, War in the Streets" about the Melbourne crime wars in the 90's?

Actually, for a very short time back in february, they had season 2, episode 1 availble on 101 on demand. I was fortunate enough to catch it at that time. However, that was just a tease and I want to see the other 12 episodes.

When are they going to show season 2???

7. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    Great show, I had no problems with the accents and can’t wait for season 2 this fall on the 101

8. Morgz

Morgz New Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Can you elaborate on "season 2 this fall"? Do you know an exact air date?

9. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    It said when this season ended, join us this fall on the 101 Network for season 2 of Underbelly.

I would say October or November 2010

10. Morgz

Morgz New Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Cool thanks...that's what I get for fast forwarding :grin:

11. dave29

dave29 New Member

Feb 18, 2007
    I got used to the accents after a couple episodes and didn't have any problem understanding them.

Can't wait for season 2.

12. Holydoc

Holydoc Legend

Feb 17, 2008
    Panhandle, FL
    I was not as impressed with it as everyone else. It seemed to drag quite a bit. Instead of watching every episode as it was aired, I only watched this show when nothing else was taped.

I will not be watching Season 2. :(

13. Bluto17

Bluto17 Legend

Jan 31, 2007
    Ditto Morgz's question about the next season. And which one witll it be? We've seen the 2nd season, as aired in Australia. which one will we get next - the first or the third?

I noticed this week, that the main gladiator in the 'Spartucus' prequel on Starz will be played by Dustin Claire, who played the especially crazy gangster Chris Flannery in the Underbelly season on the 101.

14. spaul

spaul Godfather

Jul 18, 2009
    My wife and I did like Underbelly probably me more so.Did agree that at times had to backup scenes to catch some dialogue which, I do with some other watching especially when actors are wispering.Hopefully as mentioned 101 will show the following 2 seasons.Originally thought it was a 1 season wonder like some other series 101 showed but,still enjoyed like Eyes & Nine .On another note I,read some where that Starz is going to air Torchwood which I got into while 101 showed .I, know it was on BBCA but, don,t like watching non HD channels .

15. pablo

pablo Icon

Oct 11, 2007
    I totally missed this but it looks like The 101 is starting the series up again? Am I reading this right? It looks like this Sunday, April 3 they'll start the first season up?

According to Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underbelly_(series) - it's the first season, only subtitled "War on the Streets" with the first episode being "The Black Prince": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Underbelly_episodes

I haven't been able to find any information if The 101 plans on going in order, from Season 1 to Season 2 ("A Tale of Two Cities"), Season 3 ("The Golden Mile"), and The Underbelly Files.

16. balboadave

balboadave Legend

Mar 3, 2010
    This series is being aired on 101 in the chronological order of the events.

17. sacalait

sacalait Godfather

Aug 6, 2007
    West Palm...
    From what I'm reading above and elsewhere, the upcoming season (#1) is actually based from 1995-2004 and that is why they are showing it now. To keep the time line in tact, like mentioned above.

18. pablo

pablo Icon

Oct 11, 2007
    So Seasons 2 and 3 won't be repeated?

Not a fan of them showing the seasons out of order, but at least I'll catch the first one.