1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Undercover Boss Redux

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by JeffBowser, Sep 6, 2011.

1. JeffBowser

JeffBowser blah blah blah

Dec 21, 2006
    Just saw a rerun of the DirecTV Undercover Boss episode last night. I have to admit it was the first time I saw it.

It has now been a year or more, so, questions (if anyone knows): Has any of the promised change materialized? Is the supply chain any better? Has the technician hotline improved? Did that really cute and pleasant CSR girl get her scholarship?

2. SaLance

SaLance AllStar

Apr 3, 2011
    I doubt the technician hotline has improved

3. JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2008
    Don't more techs have PDA that let them do stuff with out needed to call the tech hot line as much.

4. sswheeler

sswheeler Legend

Aug 27, 2008
    The last tech that was out at my house to swap a receiver used his cell phone. I think it is a market thing at what device they are using. It was nice to see that the tech didn't have to call in and wait on hold. Problem resolved fast and the tech was out of my house fast also.

5. SaLance

SaLance AllStar

Apr 3, 2011
    Techs had the Handhelds prior to undercover boss episode I believe, don't know about phone app

6. alnielsen

alnielsen Godfather

Dec 31, 2006
    ...- .....
    I guess the question is when was that episode was taped and when were the handhelds were issued.

7. blaqhauq

blaqhauq Mentor

Dec 13, 2010
    Yeah the guy had done everything on his phone at my house. I worked for. Comcast for 11 years and we used phones that I could do anything to someone's account as long as I had the job assigned to me. I will say they were huge and since we started using them in 2005 there has been 2 people with brain tumors and 6 people with mild to severe vertigo. My friend was at a customers house and just dropped to the ground vomitting severely and the sub called 911 and when the paramedics moved him a inch he would vomit. They say the phones don't cause it but that is 8 cases and only 52 techs in the office.