1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Undocumented Acutrac III+ SWM mode

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by erehm, Feb 6, 2011.

1. erehm

erehm Cool Member

Aug 6, 2008
    I just bought an Acutrac III+. The included manual lists two modes, DTV and Multi, for DirecTV and Dish, respectively. However, my new Acutrac has three modes on the actual LCD menu: DTV, Multi, and SWM.

I cannot find anything about the SWM mode on the web or on the vendor website itself (www.acutrac.tv).

Does anyone know if I can now plug in the Acutrac III+ to one of the SWM8 outputs and use this mode instead? In a weird way, this could be easier for one of installations I'm working on.

2. tweaked

tweaked AllStar

Jul 1, 2008
    I'd worked with an Acutrac III Plus several weeks ago, one that turned out to be defective. I didn't get the chance to use it extensively however, with respect to SWM powering capability, it offered none. An ASL or signal-splitter was required to meter an SWM LNB. If Emitor's introduced SWM enabled meters (in the Acutrac line), that's news to me.

3. Manctech

Manctech Icon

Jul 5, 2010
    I use an Accutrac III+ and have never been able to get it to work with SWM. With our without the ASL tool... I just swap a KA/KU 3 LNB to peak and use the SWM installation meter for detecting the SWM network.