1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Universal HD changed?

Discussion in 'Local Reception' started by cts33fan, Jan 11, 2009.

1. cts33fan

cts33fan AllStar

Sep 1, 2007
    Has anyone noticed that UNIHD is now showing edited movies? I've always disliked the ads, but could live with it for the unedited content, but the last 2 movies I recoreded have stated "This film has been formatted to fit this screen (not sure why) and has been edited for content". I hope they dont go as far as AMC and CMT on there movies. It rediculous to hear Jackie Gleason turn into Fred Flinstone in Smokey and The Bandit saying "Scumbum" instead of "Sumbitch" and all the 'damns' turned to 'dangs' , etc.

I've also noticed the on Crime and Investigation, they censor "Nash Bridges" which was fine for CBS, but not for cable, weird!

2. LCDSpazz

LCDSpazz AllStar

Dec 31, 2008
    The channel is basically a generic dime a dozen mainstream cable channel now, they should just rename themselves USA 2. All that's left is for them to do "stretch-o-vision" on 4:3 material, in which case I'll delete it from my onscreen program guide entirely.

3. GaryPotter

GaryPotter AllStar

Apr 12, 2008
    Universal HD?

Oh right, that novelty channel that was rendered pointless when USA and Bravo got HD channels. Just turn it into MSNBC HD and be done with it, I say.

4. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Sadly, this has been the case for some time. I rarely watch the channel now.

5. tzphotos.com

tzphotos.com Godfather

Jul 12, 2006
    I think the last time I watched Universal HD was during the Olympics. It's too bad it has gone in the direction it has lately.

6. pjazz

pjazz Cool Member

Dec 13, 2008
    :mad: Yeah I noticed it to almost makes the movies not worth watching.