1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Universal remote using IP to a DECA system

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by soundman2580, Mar 11, 2013.

1. soundman2580

soundman2580 New Member

Mar 11, 2013
    Hello all, new to this site.

I am using a universal remote from ProControl that can talk to the H24/H25's via IP but my setup utilizes DECA units instead. I assumed this should not be an issue and im getting an IP address thats valid, but the commands wont send and we believe its the DECA blocking them.

so my question is this:

Is it necessary to use the DECA units for whole home dvr or can I use the good old fashioned Ethernet jacks since I have oodles of network at every location?

2. dennisj00

dennisj00 Hall Of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Lake Norman, NC
    If your DECA connected H/HRs can get to the internet or you can ping them from a PC on your home network, there's no reason an IP remote using your WiFi shouldn't work.

3. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    Using ethernet isn't supported, but should work.

That said, I doubt the DECA is blocking your command.

4. soundman2580

soundman2580 New Member

Mar 11, 2013
    Thanks so much for the help. I will beat up the remote company

5. Diana C

Diana C Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Mar 30, 2007
    New Jersey
    If the remote's IP address and the recievers' IP addresses are in the same subnet (eg. 192.168.1.xxx) then being on a DECA segment should have no effect. However, unless you have a DirecTV Cinema Connection Kit (a DECA to ethernet/wireless bridge) your DVRs will be on different subnet (with an IP address like 169.xxx.xxx.xxx).