1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unresolved Whole Home DVR problem with HR44, client, and R22w/HD

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by OptimusPrime, Jun 26, 2013.

1. OptimusPrime

OptimusPrime Legend

Apr 26, 2008
    This morning, I had a tech come out to install a complimentary equipment upgrade. It consisted of an HR44-700 and client C41.

I kept my R22w/HD, and he installed a DECA unit to it so that it can be used with the new SWM that was also put in at the dish.

When the installer left - everything was PERFECT. This guy did an excellent job. I was able to see the client from the HR44, vice-versa, and - the R22 was also available and working on the network.

I thought - everything is great! Then, something strange happened.

I was not able to see the R22 anymore. My receivers all displayed the following message at the Whole Home DVR status screen: NOT AUTHORIZED for Whole Home DVR.

Um, I know I am authorized because I have been paying 3 bucks a month since it came out! And, it was just working!

Then, something even worse happened...

After going through the usual steps with DIRECTV on the phone (resetting the receivers), the R22 hung in the rest process. Around 95% of acquiring guide data - it just stops. So now, it is not usuable at all.

The tech people said they would have a "supervisor" contact me in 20 minutes. It never happened.

DIRECTV said they would "escalate" things to the next level, that this is an issue on "their end."

Has anyone else experienced this?
    Found a remedy?

Please help!!

2. peds48

peds48 Genius. DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    This is a "tough" situation because the R22 cannot participate on WHDVR unless you have a minimum of an HDDVR (you have) and an HD receiver ( you dont have).

3. Go Beavs

Go Beavs Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2008
    Portland,...
    Wouldn't the C41 qualify as an HD receiver?

I was under the impression that all you needed for the R22 to be in HD was another HD receiver (DVR or otherwise) to be on the account... Not true?

4. OptimusPrime

OptimusPrime Legend

Apr 26, 2008
    Just got off the phone with Directv, and I shared your comments with them. They tried to add the client as the other HD receiver, but received an error message.

Still, nothing working on my R22. I asked about the status of the issue being escalated, and they said the issue was sent back to the installer's company to deal with.

The installer's supervisor was supposed to call me back yesterday, and has not yet done so.

Directv put in another request to the supervisor. He is supposed to call me this morning.

I will post an update when I have one.

I wonder if they can just bring back one of my other HD receivers from yesterday and swap out the R22 unit? Perhaps this would help?

Still no idea when I'm going to get whole home dvr resolved.

All my wife's shows are recorded to the R22, and she cannot watch them. She has also missed recording some new episodes.

This situation stinks.

5. peds48

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    I dont think you are going to get anywhere with this with either DirecTV and even less with the installer's company. it is just DirecTV policy that in order to share between two or more HR2x or H2x receivers, you must have at least one of each and since the R22 is considered an SD receiver in DirecTV's eyes, it does not count against those requirements

6. OptimusPrime

OptimusPrime Legend

Apr 26, 2008
    Well,
    I was out for the day for most of yesterday. When I came home, I was magically "authorized" for whole home dvr. Still no luck with the R22. It will not load past 98% acquiring guide data.

I was contacted by the installer and he said he would be coming out to either fix or replace the R22.

I hope this happens today.

Still not sure how it all happened in the first place, or what was done to remedy the whole home problem. I will ask and share with you all what I am told.

7. OptimusPrime

OptimusPrime Legend

Apr 26, 2008
    Installer came out today. Inspected all equipment to make sure it was properly installed. Rebooted the R22, which failed as expected. He recapped the rf cable connections at the R22 location and replaced the receiver with an HR24-100. Everything is working perfectly fine now. Sharing between genie, client, and HR24.

Again, not sure why it happened. The installer said he has seen this before. Without knowing exactly what goes wrong, we both surmised it was some type of incompatibility between the new and old equipment.

So, grand scheme, though I have to reprogram the new receivers to record my shows, and I lost all the ones that were previously recorded, the bright side is that I have all new equipment, and it cost me nothing.

8. peds48

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Awesome. Thanks for the update