1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Unscheduled recording in to do list?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by OlderNDirt, Aug 28, 2013.

1. OlderNDirt

OlderNDirt Mentor

Mar 16, 2007
    On my HR24-200 software 0x736, the to do list has Fast N' Loud scheduled, but says it won't record "because it conflicts with a higher priority program". Problem is I have never watched this show, did not schedule the recording, and it is not in my series manager as "higher priority program" would indicate.

This one instance is no biggie since it is not recording, but what if it determined it was the "higher priority program" and then didn't record a program that was in my series manager?

For now, I figured I would just watch the to do list closely for a while, but was curious if anybody else ever had such an occurance. Or could it be a bug in the new software or a sign of coming problems with this box?

2. gov

gov Legend

Jan 11, 2013
    I would interrogate the pets.

Cats are especially sneaky.

3. OlderNDirt

OlderNDirt Mentor

Mar 16, 2007
    Interesting! We do have four of 'em. But why would they record Fast N' Loud?

4. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    ;)

That is a possibility!

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

5. OlderNDirt

OlderNDirt Mentor

Mar 16, 2007
    Not likely. Disregarding all the button pushes to bring up the guide, scroll ahead a couple days, scroll down the channel guide, and then press record, and never hit a "wrong" button? And if they did all that, why didn't they just get the recording conflict statement to cancel the request or one of the other two scheduled recordings? It would have never made it to the to do list in the first place, right?

6. litzdog911

litzdog911 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Do you live in an apartment or multi-family complex?
    Do you share a dish?

7. OlderNDirt

OlderNDirt Mentor

Mar 16, 2007
    Guess I should add beside the HR24, recently upgraded from an HR21 to HR34 genie in main room. And have whole home swm system.

8. Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    In the To Do List - is the red R next to Fast n Loud a single R or an R with multiple circles on the right side of it? Sort of like parentheses.

If it is a single R, then the R on our remote probably accidentally got pressed while someone was perusing the guide for future programs.

9. OlderNDirt

OlderNDirt Mentor

Mar 16, 2007
    It was in the to do list for 7:00 tonight CDT and is now gone. I believe it had the multiple circles, but cannot verify since it is no longer there. Also looked and it does not show up at all in the history, but another program that did not record because it "conflicted with a higher priority program" is there and shows as "not recorded". And I am the only one using this dvr since it is in my man cave. Wife gets the big screen home theater with genie.

Odd that it showed up mysteriously and then disappeared just as mysteriously. I am starting to hear the theme from The Twilight Zone. Should it ever happen again, I will have to take pics.

10. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    Wait a sec. A few ideas.

You have any auto records or Boolean searches set to record, especially or sports?

Also you ever use remote booking to set up a recording?

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

11. OlderNDirt

OlderNDirt Mentor

Mar 16, 2007

12. Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick Icon

Aug 25, 2006
    Long Island
    They like to fantasize about sleeping in that mechanic guy's giant beard.