1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upcoming Install, Dotting the Is and Crossing the Ts

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by stiffi, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stiffi

stiffi Legend

Jul 13, 2006
    Hello,

I have an install for an HR20 and 5 LNB dish on Sunday. I have done some crazy re-wiring of my house to allow several TV's to share a receiver and I'm terrified the installer might cause problems. I was hoping somebody could answer what it will take to get the new dish.

Here's my setup as done by a previous DTV install:

3 LNB Dish, with a standard multiswitch. I have 4 lines coming into the basement, at which point they are connected to some sort of "bridge" where 4 coax connecters lead to 4 lines out to my various Tvs. 2 go to my HR10-250, the other 1 goes to the bedroom, and 1 I have in to a 3rd receiver, sits right below the bridge, and outputs to 3 different tvs.

My real question is this. Assuming they can use the same lines on the roof, (with a 6 x 8 multiswitch on the order), can everything remain pretty much the same in the basement? It seems to me it can, with me having to do little more than pull the wires out the back of my HR10-250, and putting them right into the HR20.

Any thoughts?

thanks.

2. dave29

dave29 New Member

Feb 18, 2007
    sounds fine to me. oh ya and that bridge u were talking about is a quad grounding block

3. Milominderbinder2

Milominderbinder2 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '08

Oct 8, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.