1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Upcoming movies on premium channels

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by ansky, Nov 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ansky

ansky Hall Of Fame

Oct 11, 2005
    Does anyone know if there is a website that lists what movies are upcoming on the premium channels like HBO and Starz? I would be interested in knowing what movies will be upcoming on the premium network I subscribe to so that I don't have to order the movie on PPV.

2. narcolept

narcolept Godfather

Mar 1, 2007
    DirecTV Access magazine used to have a page like this in it, but doesn't do it anymore. On the D* website, under "Premium Channels", if you select one, on the right hand side there is a "Premiere List" for that channel which shows some of the more popular movies/series premiering in the next month.

Hope that Helps.

3. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    hbo.com and starz.com have online guides.

4. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Since I travel a lot, I just take the HBO guide from the hotel.

Any hotels nearby? :)

5. ansky

ansky Hall Of Fame

Oct 11, 2005
    Yeah, you can download those guides online. The problem is they only show upcoming releases one month in advance. It is usually several months or more before a movie goes from PPV to a premium channel. For example, The Last King of Scotland premiered on Cinemax a couple weeks ago. That was on PPV way back in June or July, so there is quite a lag sometimes.

6. man_rob

man_rob Hall Of Fame

Feb 21, 2007
    I figure I can wait for a few months to see movies on the premium channels rather than using PPV. It usually takes about 3-6 months, but if I was really anxious to see a movie, I'd probably have already gone to the theater to see it.

It seems in the advent of DVD & home video, movie studios release a lot more crap because they know, even if it flops in the theater, they'll make up their losses in video sales. It's the "Why Bother" age of Hollywood.

In the past, when I had premium channels it seemed that I never seemed to catch the movies I wanted to see. I'd turn to HBO, and it would be the same crappy movie I didn't want to watch the last time I tried to watch! So, I dropped them. Having a DVR and HD versions of the channels has made premiums worth it for me. I scan the guide for movie's I wanted to see, and I usually am able to catch 6-12 films each month. Now it's hard to find time to watch everything I want to see. With so many movies on my DVR, who has time to order a PPV in addition?

7. pablo

pablo Icon

Oct 11, 2007
    Yeah with many of the premium channels going HD, it would be quite handy to have a complete premiere list. Having the Premier package and HD, my DVR has never been empty and is almost always nearly full. But I manually scan each channel for any new movies in HD. If there was just a list by title that would indeed rock.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.