1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upcoming: Title not available on PPV channels

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by mocciat, Nov 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mocciat

mocciat Icon

Oct 17, 2006
    I have had my hr20 for about 2 months now. I have not done a reboot since the last software update but the PPV channels starting at 140 and going up all say "Upcoming: Title Unavailable.

Anyone else having this issue? Both of the HR20's are doing the same thing.

Earl?

2. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    They where probably all dropped today, to provide the extra bandwith for Sunday Ticket.

When they drop, that removes all the guide data for the list.
    So it will probably take a little while for it to repopulate through.

3. mocciat

mocciat Icon

Oct 17, 2006
    Sounds good to me but then again I will believe anything Earl says.

4. cybrsurfer

cybrsurfer Banned User

Sep 17, 2006
    I wish they would cut down on the available PPV channels and add more National HD channels in its place instead.

5. tjdevaul

tjdevaul Mentor

Oct 28, 2006
    Center Ice (and other sports channels) gets "Upcoming: Title not available" all the time. One minute the title is right the next it will be gone. Spoke to D* twice about it....the 2nd csr replicated it on their system. Only happens on my HR20.

6. HockeyKat

HockeyKat Legend

Jul 5, 2006
    I've noticed that off an on behavior of the Center Ice channels happening right around the end of a half hour. So at maybe 1:28 or 1:29, everything sort of blanks out like that. But at 2:00 after the half hour flips over and the guide updates, everything is back again. I've only casually noticed it a few times, but it always seems to hold to the 'end of the half hour' thing.

7. spidey

spidey Hall Of Fame

Aug 31, 2006
    goes away with me usually paging up or down in the guide. not sure why this occurs never bothered to check if also same on my old rca HD rcvr

8. opelap

opelap Legend

Nov 4, 2006
    Not to discount Earl, but why does this guide problem only occur on the HR20? My R15 never has the Upcoming:Title not available. If it truly was the channels dropping, wouldn't it affect all receivers?

9. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    All the different receivers, have different engines that process the guide data and populate the onscreen guide.

So it could be the HR20 doing it faster/slower then the others...

10. islesfan44

islesfan44 Banned User

Oct 18, 2006

I've noticed this too, but I don't usually worry about it, since Center Ice only works if you are watching live (and don't pause). However, check this, I have noticed that even if the guide says Upcoming Title not Available, if you run a search for a particular team, that program does actually turn up in the list. Then, if you go back to the offending channel, the title returns.

11. dvrblogger

dvrblogger Icon

Jan 11, 2005
    any chnace this could cause a recording to stop ? box thinks that the current programs title is unavailable and then cancels/deletes recording ? Just an a theory .

12. ItsMeJTO

ItsMeJTO AllStar

Dec 21, 2006
    re: upcoming PPV message

This is a pain if you wish to see whats on ppv.
    If they are stealing bandwidth for other channels they should at least let you know PPV is going to be unavailable or even better make a refund or a free movie for the inconvenience to those wishing to watch ppv.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.