1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Update and favorite list problem?

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by saberfly, Nov 25, 2012.

1. saberfly

saberfly Legend

Apr 4, 2010
    Does anyone know if the Hopper update 230 fixes the favorite list forgetting channels problem? I've about had it with putting channels back everytime I look at the guide.

2. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Doctor Whom Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    One thing I have read is... even if they fix the favorites list forgetting channels, you still might have to clear that list out... possibly even reset the receiver to defaults... and then start over.

In other words... IF they have fixed the bug, your current list might still be "broken" and you'd need to start over.

I could be wrong, though... but that is what I've seen that seems to have fixed a few people.

3. saberfly

saberfly Legend

Apr 4, 2010
    I would be fine with re doing it if it will stay.

4. KilgoreTrout1

KilgoreTrout1 New Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Creating a second favorites list (in addition to the first) fixed that problem for me. I don't know if the channels still disappear from the first list, but not a single one has vanished from my second list since I created it a few weeks ago.

5. saberfly

saberfly Legend

Apr 4, 2010
    I tried that. It worked for a day and then same thing. It seems it wont keep 1 channel (as far as I can tell) Channel 50. I have to add it back every 1/2 hour and I can't add it by itself. I have to add 2 channels then go back and delete the 2nd. If I add just 50, it ignores it.

6. KilgoreTrout1

KilgoreTrout1 New Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Sounds like the exact problem I was having--down to the having to add 2 channels to make them "stick." Making the second list completely solved the issue for me (so far, at least), sorry it didn't work for you.

7. TheGrove

TheGrove AllStar

Jan 9, 2007
    My sister is experiencing this as well. She created list 1 then I told her to use List 2 instead because of the problem but she is telling me that list 2 is dropping channels as well.

I'm assuming that if you do the 2 channel add at once it still drops your channel later, is this correct?

8. saberfly

saberfly Legend

Apr 4, 2010
    Mine has dropped channels after the 2 channel add as quick as 10 minutes later. If I add 1 back at a time it will never accept it.

9. saberfly

saberfly Legend

Apr 4, 2010
    Just got update 230. Added channel 1 at a time and it still wont remember the action. I'm going to see if it still forgets them and I will do a factory reset and reboot and see if that helps.

10. saberfly

saberfly Legend

Apr 4, 2010
    So far so good with firmware update. It hasn't lost anything yet.

11. saberfly

saberfly Legend

Apr 4, 2010
    Ok lost channel 50. Reset to factory settings to hopefully get the bug out. Redid list 1 and backed up remote with new settings. Its holding as of now.

12. saberfly

saberfly Legend

Apr 4, 2010
    In case anyone is following this...after firmware 230, factory reset, and reboot all is fine.

13. StringFellow

StringFellow AllStar

Jan 5, 2012
    Can anyone else confirm that Saberfly's solution works??

I have been trying for 15 minutes to add one #$#$ channel and I can't get it added to my favorites list. I attempt to make 2 or 3 changes at once yet it won't add the channel that originally disappeared.

Dish adds some "What's Hot" feature that is worthless yet they can't confirm and fix a broken feature that many people use. :mad:

14. saberfly

saberfly Legend

Apr 4, 2010
    Mine has been fine. You wont lose recordings or timers. Resore to factory settings, reboot, then redo your fav lists. After this backup to your remote. All is fine.

15. StringFellow

StringFellow AllStar

Jan 5, 2012
    I followed your suggestion and so far so good. I guess time will tell!

16. saberfly

saberfly Legend

Apr 4, 2010
    Mine too. Finally

17. homeron

homeron Mentor

Oct 16, 2007
    The update of 230 caused a problem with my external drives I only see 1 of the 2 drives and when I unplug 1 or 2 of them it turns off the hopper even though I have not touch the hopper just unplugging the hard drives resets the hopper I swear I am a hopper beta tester

18. RASCAL01

RASCAL01 Godfather

Aug 1, 2006
    You are not a beta tester because 230 is not the currect software version.

19. homeron

homeron Mentor

Oct 16, 2007
    I realize I'm not a beta tester I was trying to be a smart A stating that the hopper was released way too soon with way too many problems and we have all havr become beta testers

20. djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Don't speak for me. I had precisely one problem with the 2H/3J setup I have. For the most part, the software has worked virtually flawlessly. Not a single recording has been missed - which is usually the hallmark of bad DVR programming. It works with my network, my EHD works fine... Like I said - *almost* flawless.