1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

update and guide data

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by twilloo, Oct 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twilloo

twilloo New Member

Oct 11, 2004
    I live in a remote area in the mountains and I have no toll free acess number to tivo. I know some data comes from satt and some from phone line, but what can I expect regarding long distance cost at start up and then on. I will have my 10-250 in few days. Also I was told that they got the bug in the update fixed. Is that true or propaganda?

Thanks

2. MikeHDTulsa

MikeHDTulsa AllStar

Nov 10, 2003
    The guide data comes from the satellite and so does your future updates. Now the first update it might get from TiVo direct but I doubt it will need it. You should be fine it normally takes less 2 minutes for standard calls to TiVo but a lot of people just leave phone line unplugged because they only have cell phones. It will get its software updates from satellite but it does not activate it until it calls TiVo and then they give it a ok to install the update and that normally takes about 5 minutes on the call in. As far as a bug in a the last update that only affected some units and mine worked just fine. Have fun with your new toy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.