1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Update on Netflix/CBS Streaming Deal

Discussion in 'Internet Streaming Services' started by Athlon646464, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Athlon646464

Athlon646464 Gold Members DBSTalk Gold Club

Feb 23, 2007
    Uxbridge, MA
    "The new CBS/Netflix streaming deal has just kicked in and some shows have started showing up on Netflix streaming, including genre shows The Twilight Zone and Twin Peaks, but a number of other shows like Frasier, Family Ties, and the various Star Trek shows haven’t yet been made available for streaming. After seeing some Twitter questions about this and getting some emails, TrekMovie checked with Netflix who gave us an exclusive update on their plans for Star Trek.

Firstly Netflix confirmed they will be streaming every episode of every season for all five live-action Star Trek series: the original Star Trek, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Star Trek: Voyager, and Star Trek: Enterprise. TOS, TNG, Voyager and Enterprise will all become available on July 1st. DS9 will launch on October 1st. TOS and Enterprise will be available in HD."

More Here

[​IMG]

2. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    Nice! The Start Trek stuff will be a welcomed addition. Occasioally I like to watch some of my favorite episodes from those series.

3. Athlon646464

Feb 23, 2007
    Uxbridge, MA
    +1

Seeing TOS in HD with the CGI enhancements will be cool. I never did buy the discs. I did, however, get a few from Netflix to see what it looked like. Being able to stream them at will is, at least for me, worth every bit of my $7.95!!

:)

4. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    Great news, I will be watching once available

5. Athlon646464

Feb 23, 2007
    Uxbridge, MA
    Season 2 & 3 of TOS are now available in HD & Dolby 5.1!! They include the new cgi stuff (redone outside shots and redone viewing screen shots).

'The Cage' extended version is not available however. It's marked DVD only. :blink:

I hope they add all of them soon........