1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

update on WMEU Channel 48 and ThisTV

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by bluegras, Dec 24, 2008.

1. bluegras

bluegras Godfather

Jan 31, 2008
    Merry Christmas from our family to yours i wanted to let you know a message that i got yesterday about trying to add WMEU "METOO" Channel 48 and ThisTV.here it is

Thank you for your persistence in getting our stations on DirecTV. The satellite companies tell us they do not have the broadband to take on additional channels at this time. We stay in contact with them and will let you know. Thank you again for your support.

Merry Christmas

Allen Culver
    Streator,Illinois

2. JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2008
    Really or they covering the truth? as Weigel Broadcasting is playing hardball over WUIC HD and WDJT-TV HD.

This TV is a Nationwide channel so not having the bandwidth for 1 SD channel is BS.

3. jimisham

jimisham Legend

Jun 24, 2003
    Weigel also appears to be playing hardball over WBND HD in South Bend which is the ABC station.
    But I believe Weigel is in the process of selling WBND to Schurz Broadcasting who owns WSBT in South Bend, the CBS station.
    Schurz also appears to be playing hardball with Directv, as WSBT HD isn't being offered.
    The other two HD network stations are.

4. sundude90

sundude90 Legend

Jun 12, 2008
    Directv usually only provides ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS, CW & FOX local channels. 90 % of the time Directv doesn't carry other local channes like MyTV.

5. LarryFlowers

LarryFlowers New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    This TV is a joint venture between MGM and Weigel Broadcasting and is carried on 9 stations as a subchannel. It has no national feed as yet.

As a subchannel it is unlikely to be carried at all. It isn't providing programming that isnt available on other channels.

6. bluegras

bluegras Godfather

Jan 31, 2008
    merry christmas i was talking to a engineer who works for wiegel broadcasting and he told me that they are working on getting METOO its own digital channel.He did not give me a time frame as of yet.So i am hoping it will be real soon.

7. JoeTheDragon

Jul 21, 2008
    metoo is on low-power analog channel 48 and Digital: WCIU-DT 26.3.

MeTV is Analog: 23, Digital: 39 and WCIU-DT 26.2

8. bluegras

bluegras Godfather

Jan 31, 2008
    good morning WMEU Channel 48 sent me this message last Thursday.

We have repeatedly tried to reach a deal with DirecTV. We have offered them the right to carry Me-Too for no compensation. Indeed, we have essentially 'begged' them to carry Me-Too and they have refused. We are READY to AGREE immediately! We would be glad to discuss this with ANYONE at DirecTV. If you can help get this done...PLEASE do so.

Sincerely,
    Me-Too, WMEU-TV Channel 48
    Classic Television Defined

I was talking to a CSR from directv just a couple mintues ago and they sent the message to a supervisor who will be contacting Wiegel Broadcasting and they told me to contact them in 7 days or sometime next wedensday.So most likely someone from Directv will be contacting Wiegel Broadcasting so we can get this situated.I have been trying to help out wiegel broadcasting to get this station added to our directv lineup.the csr told me over the phone the more people call and request the channel the chances are we could get the channel.so i need some major help from you please contact directv and request that they add WMEU "Metoo" Channel 48.If you can help me out i sure would appreciated it very much

Thanks

Allen Culver
    Streator,Illinois

9. JoeTheDragon

Jul 21, 2008
    Can you ask Wiegel Broadcasting / WCIU if they have any plans for svengoolie HD?

10. ThomasM

ThomasM RF Engineer

Jul 20, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    I find it hard to believe that Weigel Broadcasting is offering to let DirecTV carry ANY of their programming for "free".

In Milwaukee, WDJT-TV (CBS58) was the LAST local to be added to DirecTV in 2000 just prior to my subscribing. Nowadays, they STILL aren't carried by DirecTV in HD (the only major network affiliate NOT carried in HD).

Meanwhile, Weigel bought a full-power station in the Milwaukee market in addition to their WDJT and various low power stations. They changed it to WBME and carry their ME-TV classic TV format on it. But it's not on DirecTV. They also carry THIS TV as a subchannel on WDJT-DT (also not on DirecTV).

In fact, things are so rotten between Weigel and DirecTV, the latter doesn't even carry the Spanish station Weigel owns in Milwaukee but instead carries a Spanish local station from the Chicago market and makes it part of the Milwaukee locals!

For these reasons I'm considering an AM-21 OTA tuner for my R22 so I can record ME-TV and THIS-TV. It annoys me that I have 3 DVR's and DirecTV service and have to use my "digital TV converter" and a stupid antenna to watch ME-TV and THIS-TV. I bet it annoys HD DirecTV customers in Milwaukee even more that they can't get the most watched national network (CBS) in HD via their DirecTV satellite dish....