1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Upgraded programming---lost monthly credit :(

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by CeeWoo, Sep 22, 2013.

1. CeeWoo

CeeWoo Godfather

Dec 1, 2008
    A few weeks back, I was looking at moving from AT120+ to AT200. Logged into my acct and looked at what the price difference would be and it was $5 more than I expected No biggie-but I like to know what's what. Called up a previous invoice and saw that a $5 for 18 months (credit) was missing from what my new invoices would be. I didn't upgrade, but wrote to Dish at the 'contact us' link. I wasn't sure it went thru, so I also wrote them an email. Basically, on both, I said 'it appears if I upgrade, I'll lose the $5 monthly credit. Is this correct?' (BTW-I don't even remember exactly what the credit was for)

A couple days later I got a reply that I would not lose the credit, so I then logged back into my acct and upgraded.

A couple days more go by and then I get a reply to the other info request. Long story short-we exchange a few emails back & forth, and then last week I get a reply stating that with the upgrade done on Sept 2, I no longer qualify for the $5 credit. And I should log into chat to express my concern. EXPRESS MY CONCERN? What's up with that? LOL

Well shucky darn-but I'm not sure I would have done the upgrade had I been told this in the initial contact. I'm a new customer with dish, only been with them for 14 or 15 years-and $5 a month shouldn't be a deal breaker to me. But honestly, I'm gonna think about it for a while and not act out of haste--but I could make me rethink Dish and take a deal from Direct

2. CeeWoo

CeeWoo Godfather

Dec 1, 2008
    I've now asked Dish to check my acct and let me know FOR CERTAIN if there is any remaining time on my previous 2 yr commitment from a hardware upgrade and if so how many months (I'm pretty certain there is none).

Examining my options from Direct and cable.

3. dmspen

dmspen Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    If you have the REPLY from DISH stating you won't lose the credit, I would forward it to the ceo email address with a short explanation. This often gets results.

Anyone have that email address handy?

4. CeeWoo

CeeWoo Godfather

Dec 1, 2008
    Thank you-I'm in shock! I checked and found that I still have that email! What's most funny about it is that it's from the same guy who told me later I lost the credit when I upgraded (that's provided though that the customer service name isn't just something generic that they all use).

I forwarded it (with explanation) to ceo(at)disnetwork(dot)com a while ago. So far it hasn't bounced back-I hope someone with authority sees it

5. CeeWoo

CeeWoo Godfather

Dec 1, 2008
    Well knock me down, and call me Sally! I just got a phone call from the CEO's office. I honestly didn't expect to hear anything back for at least a few days. ANYHOW-he apologized and said he didn't understand why the contact responded in the way he did (I'm not sure if the incorrect part was the 'yes' or the 'no' to my original question)

BUT he said they were immediately reinstating my $5 monthly credit for the remaining 10 of the 18 months (I had no idea exactly how much time was remaining) and that there will be an additional credit posted to next months bill. I assume this is because my most recent bill did not have the credit.

Personally, all I wanted was fair treatment, even if that meant rolling me back to AT120+ and reinstating the credit. And I appreciate them helping me with this (even if it was a bit of a struggle) :)

6. dmspen

dmspen Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    Excellent. The squeaky wheel...

1 person likes this.