1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Upgraded Remote -first time using an RF remote

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by markman07, Jul 6, 2012.

1. markman07

markman07 Godfather

Dec 22, 2005
    Minnesota
    I've been using a harmony 780 remote for a long time with my setup. Because of the 780 only supporting IR I have therefore never used RF when setting things up. Move to today - I just purchased a new Harmony 900. I have two hr24-500 in my primary room and I want to setup my new Harmony 900 to use RF. I guess my simple question is do I need to reconfigure the Hr24's using the Directv remote to RF and then go on with configuring the harmony remotes or can I just start configuring the Harmony?

Thanks

2. mdavej

mdavej Hall Of Fame

Jan 30, 2007
    You must leave the HRs in IR mode. Put blasters on each. Change one to address 2 and confirm IR on the 2nd HR device on your Harmony. You must also enable RF in the 900 for each. No remote except the DirecTV remote and the One-For-All Xsight Touch can control an HR in RF mode directly.

3. SDizzle

SDizzle Hall Of Fame

Jan 1, 2007
    Roseville, CA
    The 900 uses RF when accompanied by a Logitech RF extender. If you want the 900 to control the HDDVRs, then you must set them to IR.